Mr_B

Seiko Prospex Samurai PADI

Mr_B

Saw this on offer at Watchshop.com, managed to get it for a little over £300. Absolute stunner. 

jEN7y4.jpg jENNcc.jpg

Lume is Nuclear as standard for Seiko I guess

jERe1P.jpg

jENE4I.jpg

The dial is one of the biggest pulls for me, that wave texture is a thing of beauty.jENfmX.jpg

I have bought a sapphire crystal with blue AR and slight increase of height, as the stock crystal is recessed from the bezel insert slightly, which is a design flaw. The new crystal will level it all out. I'll update on nice I've done this. (wish me luck) 

• Like 4

paccbet

Good deal I'd say!

judas9r

That's nice. I'm tempted to replace the sapphire on my new Sumo as I feel the quality of it is so poor, I almost wish it were hardlex instead. On the flip side, everything seems reasonably well aligned. 

:brightlight:

• Like 1

Mr_B

jERbxL.jpg

So I've done it, I will probably re-do this as it's not 100% even, not noticeable but I know.... But for a first go I'm happy! 

• Like 2

Bobbylah

Really like these. 
Nice job!

tribefan

Looks great. Worthy upgrade. I ordered a replacement sapphire for my Cocktail Time. One ding against a doorway was all it took. Tough find too. Mark at Long Island Watch had some made, $100 a piece.

• Like 1

Mr_B

On further inspection I believe the original gasket wasn't up to the task and/or I probably mangled it so I've ordered another. 

Jibuti

Nice looking bugger, OP. Always liked look and durability of those, but never had one... Too small case.. 

• Like 1

judas9r

It's one of those things, maybe it doesn't show? But you know it's there. Great work, worthwhile upgrade. 

Mr_B
58 minutes ago, Jibuti said:

Nice looking bugger, OP. Always liked look and durability of those, but never had one... Too small case.. 

Case is massive lol

jEGzPc.jpg jEGjoI.jpg jEGDg4.jpg

Re done using the original gasket, will probably refit when the replacement arrives. The way the crystal matches the bezel height is perfect now so, objective complete!

Jibuti

Size is relative! 

Still, very nice piece. Twice a day I pass Seiko shop, couldn't decide. 

• Like 1

Nikosaldente

Looks like you did a great job @Mr_B

Awesome!

Mr_B
10 minutes ago, Nikosaldente said:

Looks like you did a great job @Mr_B

Awesome!

Thanks mate, I was hesitant to tackle something like this but what the hell, life is short. 

• Like 1

On 05/03/2022 at 14:11, Mr_B said:

jERbxL.jpg

So I've done it, I will probably re-do this as it's not 100% even, not noticeable but I know.... But for a first go I'm happy! 

Lovely dial...stunning...

trailboss99

Am I the only one shaking his head at the current crop of $4000 plus dollar "Limited Edition" Prospex releases? FFS Seiko, it's not a GS it's a pleading Prospex FFS and regardless of the fact there's on ly 500 of them they are not worth that kind of money. 

Michel78

Agree with you, all the seiko i had had such great Lume, the real question is how come so many watches way more expensive cannot catch this level