Panerai1964

Are MWC watches classed as a homage to CWC?

Panerai1964

IMG-4203.jpg

IMG-4204.jpg

IMG-4205.jpg

IMG-4206.jpg

IMG-4207.jpg

IMG-4208.jpg

IMG-4209.jpg

IMG-4210.jpg

IMG-4211.jpg

IMG-4212.jpg

MarcusHencke

The watch ranges have some similar models but none are the same in my experience, also MWC makes Titanium and GTLS watches whereas CWC does not . The two brands do seem to copy each other to some degree, for example MWC introduced a PVD G10 years ago and I have one from 1998 and CWC brought in their 200m G10 in PVD around 5 years ago, on the other side of the coin MWC used a case  either from or closely based on a case from https://www.mrp-sa.ch  in addition to MWC and CWC divers watches other watches also this case pattern have been produced by companies such as Precista, Nilax, Elvia and Heuer the predecessor to Tag Heuer who made the Heuer 844-1 in 1979, Chronosport another manufacturer made the Sea Quartz 30 - worn by Tom Selleck in the Magnum PI TV show so neither MWC not CWC designed this case and although the watches from CWC and MWC based on this case are almost identical that is because the case is identical and the dial design is based on a UK MOD design but technically the watches are very different to each other. The MWC Aviators are also unlike any CWC and the 100ATM divers are well in excess of the 300m CWC as regards water resistance. As the owner of a CWC and MWC W10 (both based on the Hamilton W10 although the MWC is more loosely based), I can see the differences are significant because the MWC is thicker to take the NH35 movement where the CWC is slimmer or at least it is in my Handwound model. The MWC Aviators at 46mm don't have a CWC equivalent model but then again MWC don't have an equivalent to the Valjoux CWC chronograph which I own, when I bought it from CWC it was  £899 10 years ago and is now £4995.00 see https://www.cwcwatch.com/collections/chronograph/products/cwc-1982-british-military-chronograph and although these seem to be permanently out of stock this is proving to be an extremely good investment because I had an offer for £3900 but I think I will keep it because at this rate it's a better investment than my Rolex Deepsea although that also has risen very significantly in value over the last year or so.