Welsh Whiskey

Hi from North Wales

Welsh Whiskey

Evening all, I’m a complete newbie into this and recently found this great forum and website. I’m looking to purchase a replica, don’t know which one yet but can anyone provide feedback on reliability and where (in UK) do these watched get repaired or serviced?

Devil
28 minutes ago, Welsh Whiskey said:

Evening all, I’m a complete newbie into this and recently found this great forum and website. I’m looking to purchase a replica, don’t know which one yet but can anyone provide feedback on reliability and where (in UK) do these watched get repaired or serviced?

There's a few people on this forum that do repairs, as for reliability, they are pretty reliable as long as you don't go swimming or something with them - I've had reps for about 5 years and only had one with a problem (and I received it with the problem from China)

tribefan

Just starting out I would stay away from chrono movements. Also, no date is easer to replicate than models with a date. Stick to clone ETA 2824/36, miyota or the clone rolex 31/3235, VSF Omega clone movements and you should be able to find someone to service them if needed.

Reliability is good but it's  a crap shoot. You can buy 50 watches and never have a problem, or order 2 and have a problem with both, you just never know. Odds are really good they will run fine for a good while overall.

If you want recommendations on specific models both the 39/41MM Rolex OP's are pretty good, no date sub is easy, just about any Tudor models, the non-chrono Breitlings, the VSF Omega's are all good places to start that won't break the bank and are pretty reliable.

APjumbo

Did someone say VSF omega?

Just about the coolest reps in the world.

The no date sub is also a great recommendation. I wish I had gone black no date so I could justify a cermit as well, instead of going with the date sub in black. Shouldn’t have covered both bases.

mr.tourette

Welcome to the forum..also in N Wales myself :D