Sign in to follow this  
Turbo

Help finding a Big Pilot / grey face watch

Turbo

Does anyone know how many "versions" of the 'slate grey' faced Big Pilot watch there are?

I've looked around at various dealers and I only seem to see one grey dial / brown strap version. Well, two possibly. The pictures of both 'versions' are the same but one dealer is stating "no recessed date issue" while showing a picture of a watch with a recessed date wheel.

Also, the ones I have found have the stainless window around the date font, and I'm not sure this is accurate to the genuine watch?

I saw a genuine BP last month and the slate grey dial was absolutely stunning -- are the rep grey ones as nice?

Luthier

Robert has grey dial BP, and Mary can find it too.

They all have slightly recessed DW.

Gen. don't have SS DW frame.

I saw grey one at Mary's office, looks great, I have black one, planning to buy grey one.

brooksy1

Just got a pic off Mary for exactly what your after. PM me your email and I'll send the pics to you. If you like it you can just email her the pics then as she has couple different ones on offer.

Member X

Getat does a grey Big Pilot homage I think, and I'm sure I've seen a Parnis version on ebay :thumbsup:

Turbo
Gen. don't have SS DW frame.

Actually I was on the IWC WEBsite last night and I don't think that is true. Here are the 2 pictures they have under "Big Pilot 5004":

IWC_black_BIGPILOT.jpg

IWC_grey_BIGPILOT.jpg

SO, it appears the SS border around the datewheel is correct on the GREY-faced 5004, but NOT on the Black-faced 5004.

Edited by Turbo

Turbo

On another note - while looking at the two pictures above I just noticed something. Look at the grain in the leather on the black strap and then the brown strap. Hmmmm......

brooksy1

Email sent to you Turbo.