DB Cooper

GF replaced my seized Coke

DB Cooper

So my Coke got seized by Customs (never thought I'd ever be using that phrase) and my girlfriend just returned from a modeling gig in Hong Kong with a present for me. She got me a Coke rep from some connection in Hong Kong to replace the one I never got when it got seized. I don't know what factory made it or what she paid for it ( kind of rude to ask) but maybe you lot will be able to tell from looking at it. This is the best photo I could get with my phone, so not great. It has rehaut engraving but I can't see an LEC. I'll have to check with a loupe. It's probably a DG 2813 because it says it's 21,600 BPM on the timegrapher app. It also said it's +14.78 seconds per day and after 24 hours on the winder it's exactly 15 seconds fast.  

If anyone has an idea of what factory made it I'd be interested.

Edited by DB Cooper
Trying to attach photo

BadApple

Use the add photo facility !!! 

jF5dD5.png

DB Cooper

jF5koF.jpg

Here it is.

That icon wasn't coming up for some reason. Got it to work.

RussP

Now, for the rest of us, how about a picture of your model girlfriend ?

Thanks, on behalf of the RWG old farts club.

• Like 5

NCRich

Mine posed in *insert magazine *  duh

Aramis2288

This reminds me very much of a mid-range Pepsi rep I got from a market in Vietnam a couple of years ago.

It is a bit hard to tell because in your photo you are focusing on the background and the watch is blurry, but it seems like it is a fantasy piece. 

In general Rolex coke has been released in 5 digits version (old one with aluminium bezel):

jF5JBS.png

The new, 6 digits Rolex has been released only in Pepsi version:

jF5VRQ.png

So as you see your Rolex looks like a 'modern' 6-digit version, but it has a 'Coke' bezel characteristic for the older 5-digit version. Furthermore, the bezel seems aluminum, like in 5-digit models, not ceramic, like in  6-digits ones.

It seems like you got something in between.

No idea what the factory is though. I would guess it must be a no-name rep. You can buy them pretty easily on markets in Asia and Turkey. Judging by the one I used to have, it is nowhere close to the high-end reps the TDs offer, but it was a good value for a buck.

Summing up,  it is a very inaccurate rep, one you can spot from far away. If you wanted a Rolex replica that would be almost indistinguishable from the genuine, then unfortunately this is not one. But if you were aiming at having a decent watch for a decent price, then I think you will be happy with it. 

Edited by Aramis2288

brang1
22 minutes ago, RussP said:

Now, for the rest of us, how about a picture of your model girlfriend ?

Thanks, on behalf of the RWG old farts club.

this - :mine:

• Like 1

Jibuti

Oh.... When stated GF I thought you were referring to Factory... 

• Like 4

Aramis2288
2 minutes ago, Jibuti said:

Oh.... When stated GF I thought you were referring to Factory... 

Same :D

• Like 2

BadApple
2 hours ago, DB Cooper said:

So my Coke got seized by Customs (never thought I'd ever be using that phrase) and my girlfriend just returned from a modeling gig in Hong Kong with a present for me. She got me a Coke rep from some connection in Hong Kong to replace the one I never got when it got seized. I don't know what factory made it or what she paid for it ( kind of rude to ask) but maybe you lot will be able to tell from looking at it. This is the best photo I could get with my phone, so not great. It has rehaut engraving but I can't see an LEC. I'll have to check with a loupe. It's probably a DG 2813 because it says it's 21,600 BPM on the timegrapher app. It also said it's +14.78 seconds per day and after 24 hours on the winder it's exactly 15 seconds fast.  

If anyone has an idea of what factory made it I'd be interested.

Made by the DHG or ALI factory using the bits they have from one watch bolted to bits from another so put it away in a drawer, forget about it  and get a proper one from one of the TD's listed on our site. 

• Like 2

Philiusmaximus

I went out with a model once, she did all the "before" pics in them before and after shoots.

• Like 2

DB Cooper

RussP, Brang1- if you click on my new profile photo you'll see the whole artsy photo of her wearing the Coke. I call her my Chinese watch winder. You should see what she does with her wrist to wind it...

BadApple- I did get a proper one from a TD here. BP factory Batman. Just arrived yesterday. Amazing that it was sent UPS from Hong Kong last Monday and UPS tracking still said " label created" yesterday, then it appeared on my front porch last night. Beautiful watch. Timegrapher shows it +2.02 seconds per day (same as gen Rolex) and it's a 21,600 BPM movement. Haven't had it long enough to check the 24 hour accuracy myself yet but the Coke was just what the timegrapher said. 

It has unbelievable lume and LEC you can only see with a loupe. I'm really impressed.

jF1Woc.jpg

Here it is.

Edited by DB Cooper
Added something

DB Cooper

Arimis2288- the six digit does come in another version besides Pepsi- the Batman- see above photo.

I'm curious as to why you say my Coke looks like a modern 6-digit version. It has the aluminum bezel like the original 5-digit versions and I'm not seeing anything on it that wasn't on the original Coke.  What about it is looking like the 6-digit version?

Philiusmaximus
11 minutes ago, DB Cooper said:

Arimis2288- the six digit does come in another version besides Pepsi- the Batman- see above photo.

I'm curious as to why you say my Coke looks like a modern 6-digit version. It has the aluminum bezel like the original 5-digit versions and I'm not seeing anything on it that wasn't on the original Coke.  What about it is looking like the 6-digit version?

Case shape, font on the bezel, maxi dial, etc

• Like 1

Jibuti
21 hours ago, Philiusmaximus said:

I went out with a stunning hot model once, she did all the "before" pics in them before and after shoots. And she also cleaned the place as professional. Did not leave a drop. 

Fixed... So... Are you still married? 

RussP

Now, I wanna Chinese watch winder...........:blush:

NCRich

Asian. Not on fantasy list. 

DB Cooper

Interesting, Philiusmaximus. I'm too new at this to notice those suble details. But I'm learning...

Jibuti- never been married. Back in college an older married guy told me that marriage is a three ring circus: the engagement ring, the wedding ring, and the suffering. Over the years I've learned that they treat you a lot better if they know you can leave. Plus marrying them takes away their only incentive to have sex..

RussP- I'll try to get a photo of my Chinese watch winder winding my new Batman when she's operating...

DB Cooper

BP Batman on the winder.

jFCPDD.jpg

RussP- If you get a Chinese watch winder make sure she brushes with her left hand for CCW movements and her right hand for CW movements.

Abe Fromen
15 minutes ago, DB Cooper said:

BP Batman on the winder.

jFCPDD.jpg

RussP- If you get a Chinese watch winder make sure she brushes with her left hand for CCW movements and her right hand for CW movements.

This pic is a little unclear. Can you post another so we can get a better idea as to how the winder works? 

Philiusmaximus

I think it's important to see the internals of any watch winder. Some are all show and no go

• Like 2

Aramis2288
13 hours ago, DB Cooper said:

Yeah, I did not mean that they released only the Pepsi version in 6-digits. I was referring to Pepsi because it reminds me of Coke due to the bi-color bezel insert and the nickname. Of course, there are more versions of the 6-digits GMT Master.

13 hours ago, Philiusmaximus said:

Case shape, font on the bezel, maxi dial, etc

This. 

2 hours ago, DB Cooper said:

Interesting, Philiusmaximus. I'm too new at this to notice those suble details. But I'm learning...

Check these out then:

https://www.bobswatches.com/rolex-blog/resources/gmt-master-and-the-gmt-master-ii.html

https://www.truefacet.com/guide/difference-rolex-gmt-master-gmt-master-ii/

• Like 1

fatarms

:lmao:

Devil

Do you really have a sex doll, OP? 

:Confused: