gianton

Just landed GMT-II Pepsi GMF v5 (lots of pics inside)!

gianton

It's the v5 from GMF, on a jubilee bracelet with a VR3186 movt. Quality is great, rotor is running very quietly and bezel clicks very smooth. The one with the oyster bracelet is the CF GMT-II Pepsi.

IMG-0102.jpg
PXL-20220323-075925392.jpg
P3185188-Cropped.jpg
IMG-0104.jpg
IMG-0105.jpg
IMG-0107.jpg
IMG-0108.jpg
P3185182-Cropped.jpg
P3185183-Cropped.jpg
P3185184-Cropped.jpg
P3185186-Cropped.jpg
P3185187-Cropped.jpg

• Like 7

Time taker

Which one is the best quality in your opinion?

gianton

GMF

• Like 1

borut_pisk

Does GMF still deliver Rolexes with plastic transparent service travel box?

Thx

gianton

j0UB0o.jpg

• Like 2

Chiquita Fanjita

Bezel looks good on the GMF.  Looks to be a more gen like brighter red compared with the CF along with deeper engraving.

On 23/03/2022 at 09:44, gianton said:

P3185182-Cropped.jpg

• Like 2

DSignR

On 23/03/2022 at 10:44, gianton said:

It's the v5 from GMF, on a jubilee bracelet with a VR3186 movt. Quality is great, rotor is running very quietly and bezel clicks very smooth

Yeah, your GMF v5 looks great! ... although I like the Pepsi with Oyster Bracelet a bit more ... but GMF also has this as an option and it seems already v6 is out?!
Does anyone know what are the differences to v5?

https://trustytimewatch88.io/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_5&products_id=24256

jgUCDP.jpg

rm65453

Replying to follow this one

Mc7516

look great, is the movement accurate?

matty1938

The bezel teeth on the gmf look better than clean. More gen like similar to vsf? I just think it’s one of the biggest yells for me and only vsf ever get it right, gmf look better than clean though 

Tony P

looks amazing ,  just bought a rolex hulk from dh gate , ill upload the quality after hope i have not wasted my money , otherwise its money back quarentee haha 

I am actually interest in the GMF can i get a link lads , tony nice to meet everyone . 

jubilee bracelet and lighter dial make a major difference 

APjumbo

I had a CF and my old VRF (not VRF MAX, the pre max version) for a couple days and took some pics. Have been meaning to start a thread to share them and found this. Hopefully OP doesn't mind me adding on some more comparison pics.

My thoughts, sold off the CF, the bezel was softer click, not very pronounced. Bezel was slightly loose horizontally compared to VRF. CF bracelet was very nice, CF watch looked richer and more expensive. VRF bezel  looks more pinkinsh in the flesh than in pics. CF has the "bezel insert lip" the outside edge of the bezel sticks up higher than the insert, honestly I would have not noticed this if I hadn't read up about it. The CF is so dark red/maroon it has a 70's vibe, like the new tudor BB they just released.

I wish I could have kept both, but needed funds. I later read a thread by ks2020 on RWI where he improved the bezel click by removing it and modifying (strectching) the spring. If I had known about this I would have maybe kept the CF. 

The VRF movement has been rock solid and sometimes I hate to sell a piece that is working beautifully for one that may crap out at a sooner then later date. So that was taken into consideration when deciding which to keep ( and i paid quite a bit more for the CF)

Bezel design/side profile was different between them.

I don't know which is more gen like but the machining on the CF was more wow, impressive.

Rehaut was fin on both, VRF is all aligned well, CF insert and dial was a little off but this will vary from piece to piece.

I can't remember which date/cyclops looked better, both were pretty nice.

Apologies fo rthe dirty crap pics, I was in a bit of a rush. looking at these pics now, the CF seems to have a white ring (gasket) between the crystal and bezel, i think this has been fixed on new CF versions, I didn't notice this on wrist, only in comparison.

IMG-3428.jpg

IMG-3431.jpg

IMG-3432.jpg

IMG-3433.jpg

IMG-3434.jpg

IMG-3435.jpg

IMG-3439.jpg

IMG-3440.jpg

IMG-3442.jpg

IMG-3445.jpg