DB Cooper

Degaussing watches

DB Cooper

If you haven't tried running your watch through a degausser, I just did and had great results.

My GMT Coke (unknown factory) was at +15 seconds per day on the timegrapher but really ran at +14 seconds per day and the rotor was noisy. I bought some Mobius 9010 and put a tiny drop into the rotor bearings and it went to +12 seconds per day. I ran it through a degausser I picked up on Amazon and it's now at +7 seconds per day. 

I just received a beautiful BP factory GMT Batman with 2813 movement. It was at +2 seconds per day on the timegrapher but really ran at +3 seconds per day. (Amazed me for a 21,600 BPM movement) I ran it through the degasser and it went to 0 seconds per day. 

Just thought I'd mention this info in case you haven't tried a degausser. Don't know how they get magnetized but somehow they do during normal wear. 

gooner2826
16 minutes ago, DB Cooper said:

If you haven't tried running your watch through a degausser, I just did and had great results.

My GMT Coke (unknown factory) was at +15 seconds per day on the timegrapher but really ran at +14 seconds per day and the rotor was noisy. I bought some Mobius 9010 and put a tiny drop into the rotor bearings and it went to +12 seconds per day. I ran it through a degausser I picked up on Amazon and it's now at +7 seconds per day. 

I just received a beautiful BP factory GMT Batman with 2813 movement. It was at +2 seconds per day on the timegrapher but really ran at +3 seconds per day. (Amazed me for a 21,600 BPM movement) I ran it through the degasser and it went to 0 seconds per day. 

Just thought I'd mention this info in case you haven't tried a degausser. Don't know how they get magnetized but somehow they do during normal wear. 

After working in a AD when younger it’s crazy what can do it, microwaves and fridges were really common 

FudgyDocker

Yeah, got mine from eBay for a few quid. Be stupid not to have one, really.

Philiusmaximus

Yep I had a watch running considerably fast. A few passes over the degausser and it went to +/-0 secs per day. Worth it for the 8 quid I paid for it.

Mind you, the typical Chinese sweat shop wiring on it makes me think I'm only a few more uses away from a house fire.

DB Cooper

Don't look inside...