DB Cooper

What do you guys think of this?

DB Cooper

I saw the new GMT Master II from Rolex and was wondering what you guys thought of it. I waited to post this in case it was an April Fool's gag from Rolex but it  apparently wasn't, and I should have realized that they have no sense of humour. 

I think it's the most hideous thing offered by a high end company since Jaguar was owned by Ford and sold Ford Contours rebadged as Jaguars, or Porsche decided to make SUVs...

Sad thing is it's a beautiful bezel and the watch would look great with the crown and date window in the proper places. Also sad that thousands of Rolex enthusiasts worldwide have been begging Rolex for years for a ceramic Coke or to bring back the LN and they instead give us a "hey your watch is upside down" gag gift. 

The only good news is that the ADs will once again have Rolexes in their showcases since I doubt these will sell. Maybe they'll replace the Datejust as the " buy two of these and get on the good Rolex list" watch. The bad news is Rolex ADs will probably be deluged with requests of "can you get me one with the crown and DW on the right side"? Maybe Rolex will change the Pepsi and Batman to this configuration and Rolex prices will drop back to 1980 territory...

Abd it looks even worse with the jubilee bracelet...

DB Cooper

jbKTTt.png

deju

This will go wild, Rolex have a history or rare “factory” LHD watches, check Phillip auctions they go crazy 

Mr_B

I liked it at first but now I hate it. 

Philiusmaximus

So they've put the dial in upside down. Might as well charge a fucking fortune for it.

• Like 1

Jibuti
21 minutes ago, Philiusmaximus said:

Might as well charge a fucking fortune for it.

and they will, don't be silly.

DB Cooper

Maybe it started out as an accident where the "hand made" machine put the dial in upside down. 

You're probably right. The same rocket scientists who are spending $100,000   on jewelery they don't want at ADs to get on "the list" for a Pepsi or Daytona will probably get in line to buy that monstrosity... 

Or sanity will prevail and Rolex will be marking them down to $5,000 trying to get rid of stock.

fatarms

You're repeating the same stuff the public said about the 6263 when it came out.

EBB
3 hours ago, deju said:

This will go wild, Rolex have a history or rare “factory” LHD watches, check Phillip auctions they go crazy 

that was exactly my first thought when I saw it, not that Rolex needs to increase the demand for their watches, but having something unique like this will certainly increase the value when it's discontinued. 

paccbet
40 minutes ago, fatarms said:

You're repeating the same stuff the public said about the 6263 when it came out.

And in recent years, the turquoise OP. 

DSignR
On 10/04/2022 at 19:00, Philiusmaximus said:

Might as well charge a fucking fortune for it.

Hm, the price is reasonably "normal" for Rolex ... nothing too special here ... even the waiting list for this is probably business as usual ;)
I just don't really get "why" they made it?!? ... I like the green, but the LHD ... naaaah ;/

zjmmtE.jpg

Edited by DSignR

Mystery Shopper

Maybe marketing a destro for the left handers?

Cap'n

There are some people that are LHD and would appreciate this - after all the LHD Pelagos exists for this very reason, although a) The Peagos is far more likely to actually get used for diving (all be it most will use a dive computer anyway rather than a watch), but a Rolex will likely never get anywhere near diving b) they didn't feel the need to move the date window, which makes it a much better looking watch IMHO. 

I actually quite like the Black and Green, but the watch itself as a whole looks bloody awful and completely unbalanced. It'll be in huge demand and fetch an absolute premium on the grey market cos it's different and someone with more money than sense will want to own it so they can say thEy've got something that most others haven't! 

Edit: Just realised I'm not LHD but own a watch with the crown on that side and always loved it - Tag Monaco with the Calibre 11 movement. See I know nothing and just spout bollox!