Khronos

Steinhart Adventure AKA Steinsplorer

Khronos

thediesel17

seems like a very solid watch for this kind of money.

did anyone find out if it's a matte or glossy dial? Steinhart exclusively uses matte dials ..

Edited by thediesel17

Khronos

It's matte. I just got a reply from Steinhart. I'm out. 

Ferax

I was looking for a watch like this. Looks interesting! 

Is the Explorer dial glossy? 

I love my steinhart ocean one 39mm. But the cyclop bugs me. It should be 2,5x, just like the submariner. When they are ripping off, they should do it properly. Also the SELs should be recessed... :D

I am thinking about buying an Explorer rep. But I love the new air king release. So maybe I will wait for a good rep... 

Khronos

The EX1 has a wonderful glossy dial. I agree, the date magnifiers on Steinhart watches are a joke. 

Here are some real life pics:

4116622-b0bb5e5717a8c6653449e2c0b25e3304

4116623-bf4b86f77dc5ba3fb5fdc6a125db409b

• Like 1

Ferax

Oh, thanks for the pics! I was already looking for some videos on YouTube, but its too soon :)

I am quite impressed. This looks really good. But if Explorers dial is glossy, this also should be glossy! 

• Like 1

BM284

Looks pretty good to me! Quite the fan of Steinhart watches these days …I’ll keep an eye out for one of these :) 

• Like 1

FunnyStarSystem

going on the list....

• Like 1

designernl

I am a a spamming ass.

thediesel17
The EX1 has a wonderful glossy dial. I agree, the date magnifiers on Steinhart watches are a joke. 
4116622-b0bb5e5717a8c6653449e2c0b25e3304.jpg
4116623-bf4b86f77dc5ba3fb5fdc6a125db409b.jpg

good thing is, Steinhart has really good crystals including anti reflective coating.
If I recall correctly, this wasn’t the case with the Explorer 1 39mm, hence the dial always looked kinda greyish despite the glossy dial (in contrast to for example the crystal of a sub)

so matte dial with anti reflective coating could potentially look quite good in real life
  • Like 1

Jibuti

Not bad A. but it is at least 6mm too small. Plus no fucker here at RWG will ever buy used Steinhart then , which is sad. 

• Like 1

Khronos
15 minutes ago, Jibuti said:

Not bad A. but it is at least 6mm too small. Plus no fucker here at RWG will ever buy used Steinhart then , which is sad. 

So true. You become the last owner the minute you open the box, especially if you plan on flipping it over here.

You are a big hunk, a man's man, but you'd be surprised by the way a 39mm watch with a thin bezel looks like on your wrist. 

@thediesel17 You might be on to something... I'm eagerly waiting for more real life pics, the company ones aren't doing it any favors. It doesn't have that shitty Steinhart cyclops either, that's a huge plus too. 

Rossi70
On 14/04/2022 at 23:25, Khronos said:

4116622-b0bb5e5717a8c6653449e2c0b25e3304

4116623-bf4b86f77dc5ba3fb5fdc6a125db409b

not a bad looking watch but to be fair it's purely based on a very nice watch. a bit originality wouldn't go astray though IMO

Khronos

I hate Steinhart's original designs, they should stick to their formula of making semi-reps ;)

Another pic, stolen from a gen forum:

4121317-3205e259fe3fd17f4228fd8e8cd423fa

Something is off, but can't say what... Indices, positioning of the text, maybe font size... And the name Adventure...eeee...cheesy cheesy... 

• Like 1

FunnyStarSystem

Was thinking today as I went into several AD's, wouldn't it be nice if Steiny could be seen and tried on somewhere? Very much agree about their original designs though, they are much better at homage, don't tell Gunter I said that!

tribefan

There's always the Melon for 790 clams.

SteinhartOcean39GMTMelonGnomon-04_2000x.

Jibuti

eeew.... this definitely has not matured yet.

@tribefan

Khronos

bleach-eyes.gif

@FunnyStarSystem Actually you can see them and try them on. But you'd have to cross the ocean, so it is a bit inconvenient. They have their own store in Germany. They're also sold in a store in Czech Republic and in Switzerland. 

NFleischer

The old Ocean 1 was an original looking design, IMHO.

(edited)_photo_zpsd0d9ec56.jpg

Edited by NFleischer