JSebwc

Albino Explorer

JSebwc

Putting together a parts order the other day for a few projects and came across the albino dial that raffles offers for the 1016

add to cart and it arrived at my door.

jJozKk.jpg

was initially concerned about the lume colour - from the site as it looks very yellow but when it arrived it was a decent workable colour.

decided it looked too new out of the box so I added some patina with some some dry brushing techniques using air brush translucent paint and some dry brush paints from tamiya Wanted to give it the radium burn appearance that my Tudor 7909 has

jJqK2b.jpg

jJo39o.jpg

the hands aren't a perfect match but within the realm of possibility .

Have been inspired by what seems the springing up of 6610 albinos in the gen community lately. Since there is no rep dial available the 1016 would have to do.

This is the Ruby dial I considered it but for some reason my eyes dont like the color of the lume on the dial it looks pinkish to me. that and its 10x the price of the raffles.

jJq3Fi.jpg

The raffles dial does have an outline around the 369 similar to a 6610 where the ruby doesn't have it..but its not a dealbreaker for me considering these are like hens teeth in the wild and its a supposed prototype print testing on a blank so its plausible there was some variety in the samples

The numerals are similar in shape .

still need a few tweaks but overall I am happy with how it turned out.

The printing on the dial is very well done I really like it.

I'm still undecided if I like the radium burn on the dial I may remove it or redo it. probably should just leave it alone ..
jJQnKP.jpg
jJQyBo.jpg
jJQY5k.jpg
jJQ1NJ.jpg
jJQ69W.jpg

Thanks for looking ! Comments and questions welcome.

• Like 1

NCRich

That is a nice build.  I have a similar one with a Whoopie dial.  I had not noticed raffles had that one.  Nice starting point.

• Like 2

Mbari
ted just now Putting together a parts order the other day for a few projects and came across the albino dial that raffles offers for the 1016

add to cart and it arrived at my door.
jJozKk.jpg

was initially concerned about the lume colour - from the site as it looks very yellow but when it arrived it was a decent workable colour.

decided it looked too new out of the box so I added some patina with some some dry brushing techniques using air brush translucent paint and some dry brush paints from tamiya Wanted to give it the radium burn appearance that my Tudor 7909 has
jJqK2b.jpg

jJo39o.jpg

the hands aren't a perfect match but within the realm of possibility .

Have been inspired by what seems the springing up of 6610 albinos in the gen community lately. Since there is no rep dial available the 1016 would have to do.

This is the Ruby dial I considered it but for some reason my eyes dont like the color of the lume on the dial it looks pinkish to me. that and its 10x the price of the raffles.
jJq3Fi.jpg

The raffles dial does have an outline around the 369 similar to a 6610 where the ruby doesn't have it..but its not a dealbreaker for me considering these are like hens teeth in the wild and its a supposed prototype print testing on a blank so its plausible there was some variety in the samples

The numerals are similar in shape .

still need a few tweaks but overall I am happy with how it turned out.

The printing on the dial is very well done I really like it.

I'm still undecided if I like the radium burn on the dial I may remove it or redo it. probably should just leave it alone ..
jJQnKP.jpg
jJQyBo.jpg
jJQY5k.jpg
jJQ1NJ.jpg
jJQ69W.jpg

Thanks for looking ! Comments and questions welcome.
Lovely build

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1