Sign in to follow this  
anthonyd

Looking for images to reassemble movement

anthonyd

HI, can someone help me.

I am learning and honing repair skills on a cheap chinese rep that I got on a trip to china. It had a problem where if you turned the crown the hands always turned backwards. Also it was not possible to get it into the wind position.

Anyway I disassembled the thing and got right down to the keyless works (I think that is what you call it). I disassembled this and after only 3 hours managed to reassemble the keyless works again (damn spings keep jumping out).

Anyway the problem looks resolved and the stem can now be put into any position.

Problem I have now is that I am at the point where I am assembling all the gears just below the face and I have no idea where everything goes :lol:

Does anyone know where I can find assembly pictures of movements.

As I said this is a cheap movement, it is pretty small (26mm diameter) and is one of those movements where the chrono hands display the day, 24hour time (or moon/sun) and date. The pushers are used to change the date and day. That is probably the best description I can give of this movement.

I am not too worried about whether or not this ever runs again, but it would be a personal achievement if I can maange to revive it.

Thanks in advance

Anthony

onzenuub
anthonyd

THanks onzenubb,

Thats more or less what I am after however I was hoping to identify this exact movement in one of those links but alas not.

I know it is a long shot especially considering that I do not know the exact movement type this is, however from what I have read around, most of the really cheap reps seem to use this sort of movement (chrono dials are show date, weekday and 24hour clock).

Actually I think I may have found a video with this movement here it is late now so I am a bit tired to compare but it looks somewhat right. This movement might have a modification for the sub dials though and this is the part I am battling to get back together

Edited by anthonyd

anthonyd

Just an update to anyone that is interested, or just to toot my own horn.

After sitting behind this watch for a few hours I managed to figure out which levers cogs and springs went where to assemble the movement again. The best part was that it still works so I think I put evrything in the right place. Working out what went where was the easy part, assembling the parts with the springs was just totally nuts. ONly after I replaced the outer plate did I realise that there are cutouts in the plat to allow the springs to be put on once everythign is assembled. I somehow got all the springs in place without the top plate holding everythign down so I am quiet chuffed with myself.

The issue I am having now is how to put the hands on properly. Anyone know a link to somewhere which give a good tutorial on installing hands?

I realise that they simply push on and the kit I bought from the RWI shop has a tool to put the hands on, but I am after some tips to get it right.

Once I have done this a few times I will feel more confident in doing some real work to my reps.

turnipz

I've found using clear tape to make positioning it a lot easier. A monocle could be helpful as well though I have yet to try it.

MikeMcNair

always always always place the parts in the same orientation (direction) and order they were taken out.. makes assembly a breeze!!

also, brightlight did a 21j keyless tuto on this very page, for your reference, you may want to look at it :lol: