SinCityCollector

New to the rep world, hope to learn a ton!

SinCityCollector

Hey guys, just poppin in to say hi! New to the rep world, but not new to watches. Currently own rolex, tissot, seiko and a few others. But have recently entertained the idea of adding some of these to my collection. 

Does it bother you guys that they are not authentic? Have you ever been called out by a jeweler or random person. 

hope to learn a bunch from you guys!

GenTLe
10 hours ago, SinCityCollector said:

Does it bother you guys that they are not authentic? Have you ever been called out by a jeweler or random person. 

Not in the slightest way... Since I'm not rich I'd feel dumb putting 3 months of salary on an Omega or the such, and when it comes to Rolex, with their stupid selling policy, even more.

We do not go to authorized dealers with our reps on (even if they'll not recognize them in the 99% of the cases) and surely we'll not put them under their analysis taking them off and giving them to be scrutinized. If you get good ones, no one will ever call them out.

Of course if you have a 45$ gold Daytona but you're dressing poorly,  getting of a 15yo Fiat Punto and your job is to rotate hamburgers at McDonalds, no one will believe the watch is real even if it was. So let's say that, for those into watches (that can recognize a luxury watch from a crappy fashion 250$ quartz piece), the whole thing should go together.

Khronos

Welcome, enjoy your stay! 

Not one bit, I'm actually impressed by reps. You will be too after you get some really really good ones. 

Fuck ADs and their attitudes. Sales personnel acting like they're part of the "creme de la creme", while they're only their little servants. Plus most of them don't know shit about watches. They've lost my respect completely. 

SinCityCollector

thank you guys! I actually never thought of it like that lol. Aka a karma effect on how badly AD's have treated customers in the past years. Kind of a different way to look at it. Oooooh you dont want to sell me one, fine Ill get one anyways lol. It may not be from you, but no one else will know that lol

• Like 1