Sign in to follow this  
1vh1

PAM288 Question

1vh1

I was wondering how I could tell which vendors used a 1:1 gen when repping this watch. I see one advertising they used a genuine watch, so wouldn't that mean the rest of the vendors would have the same watch? Don't they come from the same place?

Edited by 1vh1

houndoggie

PAM 228 or PAM 328?

1vh1

Wow, sorry about that, I meant PAM288. I've been awake 36 hours.

Drhulee

If you want an accurate 228, you'll have to piece one together. The cartel dial is too purple, the DSN case is way off, and both will need upgraded crowns and CGs. My custom build consists of an old Cartel SS case, new low-profile DSN bezel, DSN dial, mix of DSN and Cartel Ultimate hands, T48 crown, and LH CG. You will also need to remove the AR from the inside of your crystal. It will still suffer a sunken datewheel, but I wasn't too concerned about that.

Don't ask for pics, it is currently out getting relumed :)

Luthier

Doc, he's talking about 288, Radiomir, that has no crown guards or datewheel.

VH, you really believe they buy $9,000 watch and dissect it??? Don't make me laugh.

It's all total bullshit.

1vh1

VH, you really believe they buy $9,000 watch and dissect it??? Don't make me laugh.

It's all total bullshit.

I was gonna give them the benefit of the doubt. :) I figured it was iffy. It is one of my all time favorites though, next to a Super avenger chrono.

Luthier

I always laugh, reading "$60,000 watch (APO) was dissected"... Oh, my... For $60,000 ANY chinese will sell his mom's liver AND burn a whole Beijing, if somebody would offer.

:)

greg_r

There's only one rep of the 288 around at present - and it's probably the most accurate Panerai rep available. Most of the dealers have it. Just bear in mind that you may end up having to get it serviced as the H-Factory's QC isn't great...

opus9

It's all total bullshit.

I was gonna give them the benefit of the doubt. :) I figured it was iffy. It is one of my all time favorites though, next to a Super avenger chrono.

I have just bought one from Robert 7750/28,800..He knows his stuff as a top dealer,he assures me that the one I have just bought is the best rep of this he has seen on the market to date..he is not in the habit of lying to get a sale...

will post wristies when it arrives.

regards

opus9

robbie888

It's all total bullshit.

I have just bought one from Robert 7750/28,800..He knows his stuff as a top dealer,he assures me that the one I have just bought is the best rep of this he has seen on the market to date..he is not in the habit of lying to get a sale...

will post wristies when it arrives.

regards

opus9

Good thinking Opus!

cobn
I always laugh, reading "$60,000 watch (APO) was dissected"... Oh, my... For $60,000 ANY chinese will sell his mom's liver AND burn a whole Beijing, if somebody would offer.

:)

:D

1vh1

One last question, what size (width) band do I need to get? I like the plain black calf bands more than what this one comes with.

Luthier

288 come with very, very nice leather strap, croco print, I don't think you'll ever want to replace it. It fits the watch perfectly.

greg_r
One last question, what size (width) band do I need to get? I like the plain black calf bands more than what this one comes with.

For the current 288 you'll be needing a 27/20 strap (27mm at the lugs - tapering to 20mm at the deployant buckle).

Drhulee

Oh 288, well that was fuckin waste of typing : :facepalm: