expensivetastesmallbudget

Hello from Pennsylvania

expensivetastesmallbudget

Hi everyone, just joined today. I’ve been on a waitlist for 3 months for a no date 12 series sub. I know it’s going to take forever and to be honest, I’m not so sure the gen is even worth it. I will definitely own this Rolex when I get the chance to buy it and pass it down to my son someday. I originally thought I’d own a whole collection of Rolex, IWC, even AP someday, but now I don’t think putting all that money into watches is sensible at all, especially when I can buy real estate and other appreciating assets. 

Also, I’ve been seeing more and more reports of people being robbed at knife or gunpoint for their watches lately and I’d much rather be wearing a rep in this situation than a gen. For these reasons I’ve decided I’m going to buy my first rep. I own several Chinese watches from Cronos and San Martin (the consensus best VFM brands on AliExpress) and I’m satisfied with the quality coming out of China. I hope to see the same from the reps I get. For now, I’m looking at purchasing a 12xxxx submariner and a GMT master Batman. I’m also after an AP royal oak. Does anyone have advice on which factories make the best versions of these?

thank you all for having me and I hope to talk with you all soon!

Cheers,

Mr. E

brdloveyou

WOW!I just joined today too!

tribefan

Welcome aboard.

VSF on the sub, not sure about the GMT or AP, you will have to research those models.

AllergyDoc

I agree you’re better off putting your cash into appreciating assets, which is an entire other subject. Get a few good reps and see how you feel about them. You might be surprised at how good they are. 

Mystery Shopper

Hello & Welcome- have a look at the comparisons between the subs here.