APjumbo

Railmaster Build

paul837
On 22/05/2022 at 21:41, APjumbo said:

After getting an dud from dhgate which was horrrid quality I found a 38.5mm Aqua terra from the 8500 series.

Can you clarify on the 39mm dud watch case? Do you know of any readily available 39mm's that would be suitable and decent that would work in your railmaster build?

APjumbo
14 minutes ago, paul837 said:

Can you clarify on the 39mm dud watch case? Do you know of any readily available 39mm's that would be suitable and decent that would work in your railmaster build?

The DHGATE aqua terra was horrible quality with a horrible crown guard. Showed up measuring 40-42mm so not close to 39mm.

I found it difficult to find any aftermarket 39mm case to use that resembled an omega. That is why I bought a whole 38.5mm Aqua terra to use.

• Like 1

paul837

Hey again,

Could I get some more information from you? Can I get the dial sizes for the aqua terra and the glass diameter of the case?

I bought a  seamaster dial in 29.5 mm and a 39mm omega 2500 style rep case but there's 3mm gap between the dial and case.

APjumbo
21 hours ago, paul837 said:

Hey again,

Could I get some more information from you? Can I get the dial sizes for the aqua terra and the glass diameter of the case?

I bought a  seamaster dial in 29.5 mm and a 39mm omega 2500 style rep case but there's 3mm gap between the dial and case.

I can’t seem to find a photo of measuring the case size.

but I do know that the gen Railmaster dial is 31.52mm and it was a snug fit into the 38.5mm aqua terra case without sanding anything. Real snug.

where did you find the 39mm case. I’ve been looking for one for ages.

paul837

I found this horrible new style railmaster's case was about 39mm, it was incorrectly advertised as 40. It runs with a 2813 and has a glass back.

I was so pumped to try and swap a seamaster dial over to it but no chance due to size differance and also the date wheel location, it looks like my seamaster dial might fit a NH35 though so i'm trying to devise a solution (so far completely hopelessly!) I may have to cut my losses on this one. 

9HeZ55.jpg

ihgcaA.jpg

tLKpkr.jpg

paul837

Also tried the 29.5 dial in explorer style 36mm, 37mm, 40mm, diver 39mm, none seem to fit. I'm concidering if a chapter ring of some sort could be used but I don't have any NH35 cases to play around with or desire to spend more money without results!

APjumbo
7 hours ago, paul837 said:

Also tried the 29.5 dial in explorer style 36mm, 37mm, 40mm, diver 39mm, none seem to fit. I'm concidering if a chapter ring of some sort could be used but I don't have any NH35 cases to play around with or desire to spend more money without results!

All part of the process. Trial and error. Because it has that date window you need to be certain which movement it is for. 
You may want to work backwards and size it up to a spare movement if you arnt sure.

seiko and eta movements in cases don’t mix and match well.

Here are all my notes on dial sizes 

Date windows

If I'm reading it correctly, would it be safe to assume that the center of the NH35 date window is at 10.55 vs 11.3 on the Miyota

2813,8215,2824 have same date position (may not be correct)

3135 gen Rolex and NH35 have very similar date window positions

SKX007.  28.5mm

Sub 29mm

Rep sub/gmt 116610 (40mm)  27.8mm

Gen sub/gmt 116610  (40mm 27.3mm 

Explorer 39mm 214270 gen 30.26mm

Inside case rehaut 29.8mm (which one?)

Phylida 40mm railmaster 33.43

Gen railmaster 39 31.52mm

Cronos datejust 30.86 movement holder diameter. Dial diameter is 30.22

Seiko palm dial 28.55

Gold BP 41mm Daydate = 30.58

Omega sea master 300 white 31.5 but movement holder ring is 33.57

Panerai 

44= 34.5

45= 35.5

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/rolex-tudor-replicas/9083848-hi-i-need-some-help-or-advise-of-2824-2-date-wheel-make-centering

• Like 1

BBLANCO87

Nice project, some talented people on here for sure