Tw3

Pagani holiday watch

Tw3

I’ve been getting an itch for a gmt and a cheap holiday watch. Have any of you guys or dolls tried either of these? I’ve loved the 2tone Rolex homages and also like the clean look of the explorer 2. Be great to hear from people who have owned the brand. Cheers. Tony. 

z3lkwp.png z3ldYb.png

• Like 1

APjumbo

When it comes to a GMT complication you get what you pay for.

I bought an all gold pagani sub, removed the awful cyclops and threw it on a rubber strap. It’s pretty decent now.

The pagani explorer I had for a day and sold. Compared to the noob rep there were a lot of small details that added up, it wasn’t  nearly as nice, the orange circle around the base of the hands is hard to unsee.

The bracelets on the pagani never fit well compared to higher end reps.

Pagani is ok, but skip the gmt movement and the white explorer. The quartz daytona homage is worth every penny. But buy that one on bracelet because the ones on rubber have faux endlinks built right into the case. I put mine on a nice Rolex rep bracelet .

Also check out the seastern doxa homage.

• Like 1

Tw3

Cheers mate, the you tube reviews don’t give you the flaws so always best to hear from someone with experience of the watches. I had been looking at the alpha moon watch too. Just fancied something new but cheap for holidays. I may just take the steinhart and a few NATO’s to jazz it up. 

APjumbo

If you want a moon watch homage everyone seems to love the phylida with the ST-19 mechanical manual movement. It was out of stock frequently so you have to keep an eye out when they post a new batch. It has the red/black around the dial edge. Tin tin or something.

Tw3
7 hours ago, APjumbo said:

If you want a moon watch homage everyone seems to love the phylida with the ST-19 mechanical manual movement. It was out of stock frequently so you have to keep an eye out when they post a new batch. It has the red/black around the dial edge. Tin tin or something.

Cheers for the info mate it’s much appreciated. Still trying to learn and get my head around the movements. I’m sure the San Martin Chrono bb has the st-19 that’s also one I’ve had my eyes on. 

APjumbo

I believe it does have the same movement, and that would be an excellent pick. I wanted one myself but the lume looked a bit green. I haven’t checked up on the gen watch forums to see if they fixed it. Big thread on WUS that’s worth a read.

They still haven’t made a super good rep of it yet so the San Martin is a good option

NCRich
25 minutes ago, Tw3 said:

Cheers for the info mate it’s much appreciated. Still trying to learn and get my head around the movements. I’m sure the San Martin Chrono bb has the st-19 that’s also one I’ve had my eyes on. 

The GMTs you see in the Pagani are some form of the 3804B.  There are about 3 factories making that movement and some are better than others.  No way to know though and its pretty reliable but low beat.

• Like 1

Tw3

There is a root beer gmt on eBay but he’s asking £85 that’s only £5 less then new, I’d maybe take a punt if it was closer to £50. 
There’s so many different movements it’s hard to grasp. 

CollieWobbles

Get the Pagani, great for the price, mine says hello.

z3x2et.jpg

• Like 1

splke

Yep I have the polar it's fucking amazing value and I prefer it to some pretty decent reps I've had. Just buy it you will not regret it unless of course you are a label victim 

• Like 1

APjumbo

pagani.webp

The shiny painted in bezel numerals, the orange base circle of the gmt hand, and the less than steller cyclops were a no go for me. For the price I guess it's ok, you get what you pay for.

The pagani advertisement is usually a gen watch with the pagani name photoshopped on. Check out actual buyer photos before buying.

• Like 1

Tw3

I’m more interested in the polar. Until aj pointed out the orange gmt hand I was wondering what he meant as you don’t see it on the many site’s that sell them, it’s a shame they miss that little detail but I don’t think it would put me off the polar. 

Tw3

picked up a polar. Not bad for the price, date mag is a bit shit but happy overall. Let’s hope it’s waterproof.
zATFyt.png

• Like 3

APjumbo

Looks like they fixed the orange disk at the base of the hands

• Like 1

Peter4103

Keen to know how they held up (GMT and explorer 2) after a few months of use? I’ve been thinking about both watches too but not sure about the quality and if they still work (also when using the gmt) after a couple of months.

i just pulled the trigger on the blue-red GMT with the Seiko NH34 movement. Will post an update after using it for a bit.

Edited by Peter4103

Tw3
On 19/01/2023 at 09:19, Peter4103 said:

Keen to know how they held up (GMT and explorer 2) after a few months of use? I’ve been thinking about both watches too but not sure about the quality and if they still work (also when using the gmt) after a couple of months.

i just pulled the trigger on the blue-red GMT with the Seiko NH34 movement. Will post an update after using it for a bit.

No real issues to date, there was a slight bit of rusting on a part of the bracelet but it had been submerged in sea water for about 4 hours a day over 14 days, it just wiped off. 

• Like 1

Peter4103

I received it just before leaving to Las Vegas for a week. Enjoyed the watch. Works like a charm and easy to operate. The lume is insanely good on the watch. Keeps time very accurate. Bracelet feels a step down in quality from a premium gen watch, but it even comes with screw down pins so quality overall is good. Seiko NH movement works fine too. This is the GMT out of their premium line (239 euro), but worth every penny and a certain recommendation as long as you don’t care about the brand not being Rolex.