Sign in to follow this  
Distinct

Any PVD or DLC services here?

Distinct

Is it possible to take a casing that is stainless steel and get it PVD coated after the fact? Does anyone on this forum provide that service? Thanks.

I'm hoping to match the matte black look of the Bell & Ross watches and not the shiny glossier look of some of the Rolex black finishes.

opus9

I understand your point as I wanted to do the same with one of my watches.In short don't bother,It is very very expensive (if you can find a manufacturer that will only coat 1 piece).As most reps are available DLC / PVD coated already,it is far simpler and way cheaper to go down that route. As an example,I contacted a supplier of DLC coating and for my watch he wanted 800 euros..My advice is buy the rep as supplied already PVD coated.

Hope that helps a little...

regards

opus9

wat44

Introducing Wat's PVD Service!!!!

M312362W01.jpg

Distinct
I understand your point as I wanted to do the same with one of my watches.In short don't bother,It is very very expensive (if you can find a manufacturer that will only coat 1 piece).As most reps are available DLC / PVD coated already,it is far simpler and way cheaper to go down that route. As an example,I contacted a supplier of DLC coating and for my watch he wanted 800 euros..My advice is buy the rep as supplied already PVD coated.

Hope that helps a little...

regards

opus9

That makes sense. I think I'll just end up buying a spare casing that is PVD'ed already. Thanks for the advice, I'm going to give up on the custom one off route.

Distinct
Introducing Wat's PVD Service!!!!

HAHA! Very funny. Don't laugh but I thought about that too. Just popping the crystal out and spray enamel painting or powder coating the sucker but it's going to come out way to glossy for my liking.

Mazz

I think Avitt over at Repgeek has this service. Not sure about the price just heard his name mentioned.

greg_r

Yup - give Avitt's DLC shop over at RG a try.