mabi

Omega first watch in space ?

mabi

Hi guys, I just joined up as a work buddy of mine told me I could maybe get some info on this forum. I am dreaming about a Omega "first watch in space" and been told there is a rep of it. Anyone know where I could get it ?

APjumbo

Go to the list of trusted dealers at the top of the page and ask them for a OMF speedmaster moon watch.

The FOIS version is no longer made.

If you don’t want to spend $320 or so you could look into a cheaper quartz version.

https://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?/topic/150813-omega-speedmaster-professional-omf/

mabi
15 minutes ago, APjumbo said:

Go to the list of trusted dealers at the top of the page and ask them for a OMF speedmaster moon watch.

The FOIS version is no longer made.

If you don’t want to spend $320 or so you could look into a cheaper quartz version.

https://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?/topic/150813-omega-speedmaster-professional-omf/

These are bigger 42 mm right  ?

APjumbo

Yup.

Also, anyone feel free to correct me but it isn’t the “first watch is space” 
I think that was Breitling or fortis or something.

Its FOIS- first omega in space

Or 

Moon watch - First watch on the moon.

BenjaminButton

The first watch in space wasn’t on the wrist of a Western Imperialist, obviously. Yuri Gagarin wore a Sturmanskie type II, by most accounts.

85f2f6f83e95c6ed39c48513e618b46b.jpg

• Like 1

deju
3 hours ago, APjumbo said:

Yup.

Also, anyone feel free to correct me but it isn’t the “first watch is space” 
I think that was Breitling or fortis or something.

Its FOIS- first omega in space

Or 

Moon watch - First watch on the moon.

2 hours ago, BenjaminButton said:

The first watch in space wasn’t on the wrist of a Western Imperialist, obviously. Yuri Gagarin wore a Sturmanskie type II, by most accounts.

85f2f6f83e95c6ed39c48513e618b46b.jpg

Pffft both wrong, as we all know time is cyclical. So as the last watch in space hasn’t been worn, neither has the first. 

OP the clue is in the nickname of the watch, Moonie, it was the first watch on the moon. 

manage your expectations, they have dial flaws. 

personally I’d rather not get the expensive version. The quartz versions are great. 

• Like 1

mabi
20 minutes ago, deju said:

Pffft both wrong, as we all know time is cyclical. So as the last watch in space hasn’t been worn, neither has the first. 

OP the clue is in the nickname of the watch, Moonie, it was the first watch on the moon. 

personally I’d rather not get the expensive version. The quartz versions are great. 

Yeah I read that there are no very good speedy replicas but sorry for me it seems I am not gonna get what I wanted as 42mm + is to big for me and I was looking closer for 39mm ;/

processengr

52149578580_8fa3375124_b.jpg

FOIS rep, circa 2016

• Like 1

FudgyDocker

The first dead giveaway on the mechanical reps is the indices at 3 & 9. On the gen they are the same length as all the others, but due to movement limitations, they are shortened on the replicas, because of the sub-dial spacing.

APjumbo
57 minutes ago, processengr said:

52149578580_8fa3375124_b.jpg

FOIS rep, circa 2016

I wish they still sold these. Looks cool with the hands and flatlink.

BenjaminButton

Double pffft and raise you a pish. Clocks and dogs tracks are cyclical. Hula Hoops and polos are cyclical but time is patently linear.