Tony P

Are patek replicas worth it

Tony P

So we see them a lot on you tube and many have reps . 

But are they worth the price tag ?? 

And which ones should you purchase and keep away from ?. 

Suggestions needed . 

brian500

Interesting question in a broader sense. 

I’d stay with simple 2 or 3 hand stainless only with a decent movement - no 2813, gold plate or complications.   

Of course the biggest “tell”,  if you get a good quality rep isn’t small appearance differences to the gen.

It’s if you’re someone that would reasonably have and wear the gen.  A rule often forgotten, and more limiting with a Patek than say a Tudor rep.  

Its not just Patek prices. The dressy less robust/ easier to damage aspect.  

Edited by brian500
Add text

NCRich

I have a U1 Patek and break every rule @brian500 says in his post.  It was $70 and looks fantastic.  Best cheapie I've ever seen.

Buy what you like, not what someone else likes.

• Like 3

APjumbo

I bought a $30 cheapy 5711 and it was crap. Now have an older $250 version that is better but not amazing. (suits smaller wristed people I think, it is quite thin)

If I were to do it again I would take NCrichs advice and get a U1, then see how much wrist time it gets.

If you love it at that point step up to the 600 version. Usually buy once cry once is the best theory but in this case the U1 version looks pretty good.

I find my $100 quartz AP is more fun to wear, the bracelet on the AP is better, no shiny rounded midlinks, which if poor quality give it a cheap feeling.

NCRich

U1 sapphire crystal.   Biggest issue is the date window being too far left.  Decorated movement is lovely, better than some more expensive ones.  Eh...

patek1.jpg

Philiusmaximus

No, to answer your question. No luxury watches are worth their price tag.

But we buy them anyway

• Like 4

brian500

Buy what you like, of course. My point on the tell is  If you want the public to believe it’s real. That was all Mr. Rich. 

NCRich
28 minutes ago, brian500 said:

Buy what you like, of course. My point on the tell is  If you want the public to believe it’s real. That was all Mr. Rich. 

I wasn't disparaging you.  Just a counterpoint.  You were correct in what you said.

Daffy

If you hold the watch in one hand, and the cash in the other, which would you keep?  An easy litmus test...

fatarms

Every couple days, this guy picks a brand and asks "what's the best xxxxxx rep?" And you guys fall for it :lol:

Gotta give him credit for being creative. 

• Like 4

Philiusmaximus

There should be a specific Tony P section in the forum now.

• Like 2

Tony P

Skinny arms I don't think they are falling for anything . 

I think they are being helpful and are a great help like a online community should be . 

Although I think they forget I'm a newbie . 

I don't even know what a U1 is .

Problem is lads if you don't advice me I'll spend money on the not so helpful trusted reps who just wanna sell and end up spending cash on crap and give up . 

Which bring me to my next point modding  stainless steel how do I paint or to look like matte black  ceramic looking . 

brian500
3 hours ago, NCRich said:

I wasn't disparaging you.  Just a counterpoint.  You were correct in what you said.

No worries, thanks. 

Tony P

So going back to this thread which trusted dealer and which factory the nautilus blue is such a beauty 

FudgyDocker
24 minutes ago, Tony P said:

So going back to this thread which trusted dealer and which factory the nautilus blue is such a beauty 

I wouldn't worry about it. You'll only flip it because it's too small for you. If you think a submariner is too small, these wear even smaller. And you'll also need extra links because the bracelet won't fit your wrist at its maximum.

• Like 1

Devil
1 hour ago, Tony P said:

Do your research... This forum/RWI has loads of info, if you're literally asking "which TD" then you haven't done your research...

• Like 4

Tony P

i actually contact Mary , Andrew , Tim and Yuan not their real names i know . 

But i take it they get from the same factories , although i find sometimes one can get a model and the other cant . 

Plus the only website they seem to refer from apart from yuan and mary  is trusty . 

and the patek i think the factory is RSF not V6 - VSF 

so i really cant seem to find those details , i started a thread about patek and people quoted U1 which i dont know what that means . 

although i think maybe Hublot , rolex is slightly too small , but i have attached a rubber B bracelet which i got on auction . 

Check this out .

also D.... im a chrsitian so dont like to say the name . there is a lot of infor followed by abbreviations from senior posters , not ideal for newbies . 

I suggest being patient with Newbies , as we want to grow the audience . 

please read my post about hublot, i had a senior poster saying im better asking about watches i dont want ill get more help , thats not a good sign . 

zAxg3F.jpg zAJDyt.jpg

Tony P

Are the AP larger on the wrist Fudgy ?? 

not sure AP or Hublot ??

ordered a mike horn , so not maybe a different stylew watch , im keeping the rolex , might sell the pumpkin.

should a beautiful watch , what a pity 

paccbet
1 hour ago, Tony P said:

i actually contact Mary , Andrew , Tim and Yuan not their real names i know . 

But i take it they get from the same factories , although i find sometimes one can get a model and the other cant . 

Plus the only website they seem to refer from apart from yuan and mary  is trusty . 

and the patek i think the factory is RSF not V6 - VSF 

so i really cant seem to find those details , i started a thread about patek and people quoted U1 which i dont know what that means . 

although i think maybe Hublot , rolex is slightly too small , but i have attached a rubber B bracelet which i got on auction . 

Check this out .

also D.... im a chrsitian so dont like to say the name . there is a lot of infor followed by abbreviations from senior posters , not ideal for newbies . 

I suggest being patient with Newbies , as we want to grow the audience . 

please read my post about hublot, i had a senior poster saying im better asking about watches i dont want ill get more help , thats not a good sign . 

zAxg3F.jpg zAJDyt.jpg

I'm not saying this is a good thing and don't participate in bashing noobs, but I've seen new members get treated way worse. I am kind of surprised seasoned members actually gave you (mostly) helpful answers and went easy on you as the information you asked for are readily available here or RWI as someone pointed out above 

Tony P

Nrich , trailboss , fudgydocker , deju , thegingerferrett , hazel, tribefan. shout out and others 

even junior 88 hahaha . 

have been very helpful and nice , what goes around comes around , im on here for a while ill hopefully have the chance to help them or other newbies . 

im just saying abreviations can be hard to undrstand and i know many seasoned members have had to learn through expensive mistakes and maybe its unfair a newbie comes and gets all the good info . 

But this info will get passed onto to others .and create a more knowledgable forum. 

i come from a job where managers are c.... and the next guy that takes over is for some reason a c.... too . 

Its becomes almost heridatary behauviour . 

i have been treated nicely so all new members i will show the same patience if i get my shoutybox ban overturned . 

ill be able to implement and learn more 

what do you think of the rolex ????????? 

rubber b band changed the whole watch 

not many originals around either , only a couple of places in the uk have a original 

Tony P

was curious and wanted to check the gen , wanted to know if the case in the gen is matte . 

actually can you can paint your watch matte ????

fatarms

Holy crap. 

Let's talk about Patek.  What do you think of the Rolex????????????????????????

Try this.  And feel free to switch out the site and search terms as you see fit.

1. Go to google.

2. Type this in the search bar:
site:rwg.bz u1

That should keep you busy for a while now that you know how to use google to do your own research, in this case to search this site for the term U1.

Change the site to replica-watch.info and do the same searches.  You should be able to find everything you need and ask better questions once you've done the research.  Not the same ones that have been asked thousands of times here.

In fact, I'll give you the first answer.  U1 is a cheap but somewhat decent factory that sells mostly on DHGate. 

Off you go...

• Like 1

BenjaminButton

I recommend spell check, full stops and capitalisation at the beginning of a sentence.

• Like 1

johnlogan

Yes !

0-AD7-D250-F969-4-A3-A-845-C-988-E9-AFC8

MK08
On 27/06/2022 at 06:23, Tony P said:

Are the AP larger on the wrist Fudgy ?? 

not sure AP or Hublot ??

ordered a mike horn , so not maybe a different stylew watch , im keeping the rolex , might sell the pumpkin.

should a beautiful watch , what a pity 

In my experience the AP Royal Oaks definitely wear larger than their stated size would indicate, because of the case shape, integrated bracelet, I can’t pull off the 41mm models, and forget about the larger offshores.