Aperhacs

Is it worth replacing this sea dweller bezel?

Aperhacs

I have  a Rolex Sea-Dweller 4000 116600, which I paid $228 for almost 3 years ago.

The watch is solid, keeps good time and has the glidelock clasp which I really like, but unfortunately the bezel has started to bleed and it doesn't look so great (pics attached).

Is there someone who could replace the bezel (im in the US) that would be worthwhile? I'm not that handy and don't want to try it myself.

Or should I just purchase a new watch (probably what I'll do unless the price is really reasonable).

z2GIwL.jpg z2GqYQ.jpg

bettyswolloks

Give it a good clean in warm soapy water then do a little paint mod on the numbers.

Sent from my XQ-AU51 using Tapatalk

BM284

You should be able to pick up a replace bezel here or next door at rwi … place a want to buy add. The replacement itself is t too involved, however you could send the watch and bezel to a rep friendly watch smith to carry out the work…… 

or just enjoy the unique patina your bezel now display's….

The choice is yours :) 

BadApple

Toothbrush and soapy warm water - job done......  

FudgyDocker

Yeah, the platinum on the insert is looking atrocious. You could probably replace the insert with another one. $228, 3 years ago, would still make it a mid-range one. If you really like them, treat yourself to a new high-end one and put yours in M2M as a mini-project to soften the financial blow.

NCRich

I would just buy a silver sharpie and redo the numbers.  15 minutes and it will look as good as it did when you bought it.  Starts to look bad again, just repeat.

FudgyDocker
56 minutes ago, NCRich said:

I would just buy a silver sharpie

I think the nearest match was a Molotow Acrylic paint marker, 227 Metallic Silver

NCRich
30 minutes ago, FudgyDocker said:

I think the nearest match was a Molotow Acrylic paint marker, 227 Metallic Silver

Yeah, but they have the silver metallic sharpie at Walmart for $2.

FudgyDocker
31 minutes ago, NCRich said:

Yeah, but they have the silver metallic sharpie at Walmart for $2.

Just putting all options out there, included what was considered the most accurate one, not just the "cheap, tight, pensioner" option :lol:

BadPickle

It’s called patina ;) 

jus sayin’ 

Aperhacs

I appreciate all the feedback. Going to wash it first and see how that works and then look as some of the other options. I've never had a watch serviced, and wouldn't even know where to start? Does anyone know of someone who could replace the bezel that lives in the US?

I am considering getting a new watch, but figured if everything else is working fine other than the bezel to see if I could replace it.

Thanks again.

Aperhacs
4 hours ago, FudgyDocker said:

Yeah, the platinum on the insert is looking atrocious. You could probably replace the insert with another one. $228, 3 years ago, would still make it a mid-range one. If you really like them, treat yourself to a new high-end one and put yours in M2M as a mini-project to soften the financial blow.

What is M2M?

fatarms
38 minutes ago, Aperhacs said:

What is M2M?

It's like A2M, only a little more sanitary... :asslick:

M2M = member to member sales

• Like 1