Sign in to follow this  
prestigewatchco

For all the people missing RG at the moment

prestigewatchco

Just so you can all feel at home during the RG down time I have designed some questions that are common place on RG the "Should i be worried" threads

1 I have bought a watch 15 minutes ago and it is not showing on the EMS site. Should I be worried

2 I have emailed and PM'd a dealer 3 minutes ago and haven't had a reply. I realize it's 3.45am in Timbuckto but this is bad customer service should I be worried

3 I have just received a watch from a dealer and I am disappointed . Under a 20x loupe it looks great but when I use my super dooper 1000x loupe I can see a mark on the inside of the case back where the machining finished. I have send and email to the dealer and demanded a refund but they have replied and told me to piss off. What should I do now I am worried

4 I have just bought a Rolex submariner and it's almost 100% to the Gen but I have a problem with the lume the Gen lasts 7 hours and 33 seconds after a full charge under a 100w lamp but the Rep lasts only 7 hours 27 seconds am I being too fussy or should I be worried (Because I don't want to pay $99 for a faulty item)

5 I have just checked my shipment and it was "handed over to customs" at 2.05 and 33 seconds but didn't get released until 2.06 and 27 seconds should I just accept the parcel when the post man brings it or should I refuse it and deny all knowledge incase the customs are following it? Am I being too paranoid or shoud I be worried

6 I have recently received a watch with an ETA cloned 2836 but it is not keeping time over a 7 day period I have checked it against the atomic clock and it's out a whole 1 second while I realise that a $149 watch will not be as accurate as the Gen I am a little disapointed in the lack of QC by the dealer in regulating this watch Am I being too fussy or should I be worried about this inaccurate movement

7 I sent a faulty watch back for exchange I have only had it 9 months because the power reserve is only 39 hours I have now bought the gen and it lasts 41 hours.

I am a little concerned that the dealer will not exchange it for another model in differerent make and refund me the postage I paid $69 for it and feel I am receiving less than expected customer service from the dealer is this normal or should I be worried

8 I am disappointed by the lack of response from a Trusted dealer I sent them a list of 186 watches on my short list I am interested in buying one of them and the dealer has ignored me it has been 25 minutes and dispite 12 emails and pm's I still don't have a reply. I am now concerned that with this level of customer service the watch I receive will not be as expected should I be worried

9 I am disappointed with the lack of QC from the dealer I bought my $79 Panerai 111 from I have only had it 2 years and today one of the CG screws fell out I am wondering what other faults they failed to spot while doing the so called QC on this watch. Should I be worried

10 I am very very disappointed with a watch and the service from a Trusted dealer .

I saw a watch for $99 and the dial was black Panatone colour 02 variation 78 but when I got the watch it is Panatone colour 02 variation 79.

I have spoken with the dealer and they have told me basically to get a life and grow up.

This is a real problem to me as the dial colour I received is 99997 on the colour spectrum and the one I wanted was 99998 on the same spectrum.

What do you think I should do as its an easy tell for anyone I meet with $4 million worth of colour testing equipment on them and a back up reseach data base of 7 billion colours. Am I expecting too much or should I be worried

JohnG

THIS IS NOT WALMART!

:D

onzenuub

Is PWC one of the trusted dealers, did anybody bought something from him??

johnny woozer

I was thinking about buying some day from a trusted dealer's website. But reading the problems that buyers have with them, I wonder if I should take a chance. :D

onzenuub

Is that one still available.

johnny woozer
Is that one still available.

Which one???

prestigewatchco

What do you mean which one don't you remember! It's the one I sent you a PM about 11 months ago don't you keep records? I hope this is not an indication of the level of QC and customer service I can expect to receive

johnny woozer
What do you mean which one don't you remember! It's the one I sent you a PM about 11 months ago don't you keep records? I hope this is not an indication of the level of QC and customer service I can expect to receive

No..... I expect a reminder every 1 or 2 weeks. After 11 months I suffer a short memory. :D

onzenuub

What is it about the cartel ?

KBH

I just received V9 of the DSSD and now I hear V10 will be out in a week. I've e mailed the dealer about an exchange and haven't heard back from him. It's been almost an hour. Should I be worried.

I'm requesting that he pay freight on the exchange both ways since he didn't tell me about the new model. Should I be worried.

prestigewatchco
I just received V9 of the DSSD and now I hear V10 will be out in a week. I've e mailed the dealer about an exchange and haven't heard back from him. It's been almost an hour. Should I be worried.

I'm requesting that he pay freight on the exchange both ways since he didn't tell me about the new model. Should I be worried.

Very worried I would say but not so much for the watch more for the condition of your sanity

KBH

Very worried I would say but not so much for the watch more for the condition of your sanity

Robert, I hope you understood , it was in jest. Just adding to your first post. Which I thought was great.

prestigewatchco

Robert, I hope you understood , it was in jest. Just adding to your first post. Which I thought was great.

Yes of course you would be suprised at the amount of people who ask such crazy questions for real . Although I know you are not such a person

onzenuub

QUOTE (fred123 @ Jul 4 2009, 05:56 AM)

I emailed Sylar this evening to ask what happened. No reply as of yet. I assume someone has been told that a/some server has blown up?

It is a DOS ATTACK.

Guys READ THE THREADS before bothering Sylar - they have enough to deal with without getting a flood of emails asking questions that have already been answered fifty times.

Slyar already posted about this here. Let's leave him alone.

houndoggie

Nice post Robert...

greg_r

:boobies:

I dare someone to post that at RG when it comes back up.... :D

So true... so true...

Robert - did you see that idiot at RWI the other day who was complaining about the PAM233 advertised in your listings. He said that he could see from the photo that it wasn't a sapphire crystal (don't ask me how!) and it looked really fake. Given that the rest of the thread was about what good value that watch is (I love mine btw), I jumped in and asked him - fairly gently, I thought - what he was expecting for $149. He then started ranting about the crystal looking really fake.... I was tempted to tell him to go buy a bloody gen, but decided he wasn't worth the effort...

I really don't know how you deal with some of these idiots day in day out without going completely postal..... :D

JohnG
Robert - did you see that idiot at RWI the other day who was complaining about the PAM233 advertised in your listings. He said that he could see from the photo that it wasn't a sapphire crystal

Greg, pm the guy and tell him to come over here, I can help him understand about the crystal.

onzenuub

Could ask Rocketeer to come over here to talk about some chrystals.

greg_r
Robert - did you see that idiot at RWI the other day who was complaining about the PAM233 advertised in your listings. He said that he could see from the photo that it wasn't a sapphire crystal

Greg, pm the guy and tell him to come over here, I can help him understand about the crystal.

:beer:

Was this the method you had in mind?

dontstopmenow.jpg

JohnG

That, but with rusty rebar!

:beer:

johnny woozer
:D

I dare someone to post that at RG when it comes back up.... :nana:

So true... so true...

Robert - did you see that idiot at RWI the other day who was complaining about the PAM233 advertised in your listings. He said that he could see from the photo that it wasn't a sapphire crystal (don't ask me how!) and it looked really fake. Given that the rest of the thread was about what good value that watch is (I love mine btw), I jumped in and asked him - fairly gently, I thought - what he was expecting for $149. He then started ranting about the crystal looking really fake.... I was tempted to tell him to go buy a bloody gen, but decided he wasn't worth the effort...

I really don't know how you deal with some of these idiots day in day out without going completely postal..... :beer:

that it wasn't a sapphire crystal (don't ask me how!) and it looked really fake

Maybe it is an employee of the Panerai company. The gen-guys invaded this forum and the rep business, did'nt they??? (That was another topic)

JohnG
:nana:

I dare someone to post that at RG when it comes back up.... :finger:

So true... so true...

I really don't know how you deal with some of these idiots day in day out without going completely postal..... :D

that it wasn't a sapphire crystal (don't ask me how!) and it looked really fake

Maybe it is an employee of the Panerai company. The gen-guys invaded this forum and the rep business, did'nt they??? (That was another topic)

You and Flyingdutchman and the Gen-guys conspiracy theories! :beer:

TinFoilHatArea.jpg

onzenuub

Hi guys,

I have a rather silly question..

I was looking at my watch that has a chronograph function (30 minutes and 12 hours totaliser) and I was wondering whether all the hands will come to stop if I leave the chronograph running for 12 hours.

I have just started running the stopwatch but I was wondering if anyone has ever tried to see what happens by the end of the 12 hours run..??

Anyone care to share their experience or knowledge would be appreciated..

Cheers guys

theflyingdutchman

You and Flyingdutchman and the Gen-guys conspiracy theories! :angry:

You have no idea what is going on out there..... just be very concernd! TRUST NO ONE!

greg_r

That's okay, Onze - after 12 hours it will explode, killing all present.