Sign in to follow this  
prestigewatchco

For all the people missing RG at the moment

greg_r

same answer...

Anyhow, if JohnG IS Dave123, then it's the same underwear.

Your other concept is just too horrible to contemplate.... :lol:

greg_r

From RWI:

Topic: Self-winding 111h:

"So i don't really understand how this works.

i know you wind it up to gain power but i did yesterday when it received the watch and it's already stopped.

can anyone explain how it works and the proper way to wind up the watch to have it last long?"

This comes with manual wind movement. So you need to wind it up every 40 hours or so.

so i should basically wind it up every other day a few turns?

i'm guessing around 4-5 just to get it started again. correct?

:lol:

AustinTech

Oh, shit. ;):lol:

Yes, four to five turns will get it started. And it will run for 3 minutes. And then you'll be PMing your dealer and asking why he ripped you off.

greg_r

Again from RWI:

Topic: What is replica watch,and the difference with original one?

"if any one can tell me the real difference between the replica watch with the original one?and how to understand replica concept? tks very much!"

:huh:

KinCaidk
Again from RWI:

"if any one can tell me the real difference between the replica watch with the original one?and how to understand replica concept? tks very much!"

:huh:

I was just reading that one at RWI.

How the hell did he find that forum????

phaedo
Again from RWI:

:D

I read it too, what he really needs to do is find this forum and repost his question. :huh:

Edited by phaedo

phaedo

BTW, Robert, I was thinking I might like to get a new watch, but I have no tracking number from you and the watch I am thinking maybe I might like to possibly get from maybe you has not arrived on my doorstep 3 minutes after I thought I might like it! I am now concerned about the reliability of the dealer! :huh:

hk45ca
Again from RWI:

:)

I read it too, what he really needs to do is find this forum and repost his question. :lol:

i read it too. it has been like that since rg went down.

sixbennetts

C'mon, fess up guys. You all KNOW your first post was just like that here! You're just lucky the old database is gone so ya can't be called on it, you fuckin' knewbs! :lol:

kingeyesonyou.gif

hk45ca
C'mon, fess up guys. You all KNOW your first post was just like that here! You're just lucky the old database is gone so ya can't be called on it, you fuckin' knewbs! :lol:

kingeyesonyou.gif

yes you are right but after the first hour we stopped doing it.

sixbennetts

True. Seems likie nobody wants to do the reading first these days!

greg_r

From RWI - not the dumbest first post by any means, but the last line tickled me:

Hello

You can find some hidden replicas shop in my country that sell lot of watches but prices and definitions of quality are not the same as over the internet!

Ok let's begin with the different qualities they pretend to have:

-Cheap ones,100% Chinese,many of them are not stainless steel ,I even found invented Patek Philip with a turning cross :shock:

-Japanese ones: they come in quartz(80% of them) or automatic,the replicas are better,I got a Breitling Navitimer since 5 years with only the battery to change

-ETA ones: they are all automatic or mechanic,slightly more accurate dials but way much expensive

Prices!!!!!!!

-Cheap ones: between 35 and 50$

-Japanese ones: between 80 and 100$

-ETA ones: between 250 and 500$

Like you can see,nor the prices are the same as in internet,nor the ETA and Japanese qualities are real as I understood from this forum

So what do you think?

Are they just 3 different grades of As ?

Three different grades of As? :D

Three different grades of Arse, probably :P

onzenuub

RG

Daytona bezel number paint wearing..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have had a rep daytona for around 6 months now and have noticed that at the 85, 90 and 100 posiitons the paint on the numbers (on the bezel) has started to wear away. It seems to be getting worse as the days go by..

Is there a solution to replacing the paint on the numbers easily? Or is it easier to just replace the bezel?

If so, where would I buy a new bezel from? or what kind of paint do I need to use?

Any help would be HUGELY appreciated!!

Thanks.

onzenuub

Panerai sources

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before I knew about this group I purchased a Panerai 036 from BestSwiss and paid a fortune The watch has been reliable, but the quality has been average.

I was looking to purchase another PAM (e.g., a PAM 113 or 114 H) I prefer the manual handwind. That said, i would appreciate feedback on who might have the best Panerai watches.

Many thanks.

onzenuub

SMP Helium valve location - opinion needed

How accurate/bad is the He valve location of this watch?

greg_r

From RWGJr:

Hi All,

I am planning to get a couple of knock around quartz reps from Watcheden. I will appreciate it if someone can tell me the coupon code.

Regards,

MD

That would be the coupon code he puts at the top of every page on his site, yes? :D

greg_r

Another one from the 'Grades of As' guy:

I have found a guy selling replicas door to door,he said the Big Pilot he's selling for 400$ is ''swiss'',he accepted to drop the price to 300$,now that I have read this topic I am not convinced to put the extra 200$ over an ''ordinary'' replica.

Other thing: he told me it has a saphyre crystal

trailboss99
C'mon, fess up guys. You all KNOW your first post was just like that here! You're just lucky the old database is gone so ya can't be called on it, you fuckin' knewbs! :D

Nope, I read RWG1 and RWI for two weeks and a hundred hours or so before makeing a single post. By the time I did so I knew what I wanted and where to get it as well as what it was I would end up with. I didn't bother members with stupid PMs and endless questions like a lot of the current crop do.

Col.

greg_r
C'mon, fess up guys. You all KNOW your first post was just like that here! You're just lucky the old database is gone so ya can't be called on it, you fuckin' knewbs! :D

Nope, I read RWG1 and RWI for two weeks and a hundred hours or so before makeing a single post. By the time I did so I knew what I wanted and where to get it as well as what it was I would end up with. I didn't bother members with stupid PMs and endless questions like a lot of the current crop do.

Col.

+100

KinCaidk

My first post at RWI:

Won't open for me.

Just copy the link and paste it in a new window.

Then you'll see that it says Hxxp://

this should of course be Http://

/KinCaidk

See... I helped Fakey :D

prestigewatchco

Noob questions are getting more silly by the day and always seem to be about the same subject "who has the best ????" then when told they argue as they have read something elsewhere in contradition!

I had one guy the other day that wanted a 111 with cannon fix/sapphire/Swiss dagger movement when I priced it for him he replied.

What is the difference to the $99 watch

I replied nothing apart from all the modificatons you have asked for

Then followed 20 stupid questions like

Is it possible to have the $99 watch with all these modifications and would it be cheaper

So I played along all the way until he then asked me if the 111 could be wound manually as he had read that it's not advisable to manually wind automatics

trailboss99

My current pet RWi noob (yes, THAT one Rob) just PM'd me all excited that some of his buys have arived. Problem is the PM was sent some five hours ago and he wanted me to jump on MSM imediatly ("I'l be up for an hour or so") and I have told and told him I'm not at home till much later! Don't they listen?

At all?

Col.

prestigewatchco
My current pet RWi noob (yes, THAT one Rob) just PM'd me all excited that some of his buys have arived. Problem is the PM was sent some five hours ago and he wanted me to jump on MSM imediatly ("I'l be up for an hour or so") and I have told and told him I'm not at home till much later! Don't they listen?

At all?

Col.

Guess you are going to drop everything to get home early then!

I don't know what he has bought but I will bet this peanut has some issues with them

I have seen these buyers before and experience tells me whatever they buy they will find fault thats why I play a little with them and tell them nicely to piss off

I get enough problems with buyers I don't know are 1-1 queens without asking for problems from people I know are

hk45ca

you guys have to admit, idealwatches.com has been very effective with their rating system. they knew what they were doing.

greg_r
So I played along all the way until he then asked me if the 111 could be wound manually as he had read that it's not advisable to manually wind automatics

I wonder if that's the same guy I had to straighten out on RWI the other day - took three of us to convince him that the 111 does not have an auto movement... :D