Tony P

need help with new mike horn pam

Tony P

just received the mike horn pam in the post . 

although got a problem theres something loose inside , it makes a loose spring sound when you shake . 

the noise disapates after the initial shake , takes afew seconds too. 

i can hear it on my wrist , its pretty loud .

i have naturally contacted mr panda , but is there anything i can do on my end ???

and what should i expect from mr panda to help ????

zU4KIb.jpg

APjumbo

Sounds like rotor noise

Uses a 7750

look up “7750 rotor noise”

Its not hurting anything, just annoying as hell. Sounds like. A baby rattle.

FudgyDocker

If it's rotor noise, sometimes a drop of Mobius 9010 with an oiler will do the trick, if you know someone that can do it.

Miyota 9015s are also notorious for 'rotor racket'. Others on here may have other suggestions to bring to the party.

Tony P

its not a myota or a 7750 its a      P9010 Automatic movement, shoul i be getting this noise from a panerai rep ???

is thers a way to upload a video ???

a very loud baby rattle 

i have bought the rolex and a omega rep no noise there . 

so i uploaded 2 videos and he said there was no noise in the QC videos , go to a watch smith , actually his words were 

Tony

The watch passed QC inspection here, and the noise was normal. If you suspect
that due to some shipment problem, that something has come loose, or is abnormal
then you should have a watch-smith look at it.

As I told you, and I repeat, China factories use little to no oil for the rotor,
as adding too much oil is worse then not enough, as it can clog up the
flywheel and cause the watch to stop running, so I strongly urge you to
contact a watchsmith and either add oil, or do a complete service.

We also will not add oil during QC for the very same reason, we don't want
to clog up the flywheel with oil. 

Our QC inspection is not a servicing, it just confirms there is nothing mechanically
wrong with the watch. Contact Alex at 52 degreees, or any other watchsmith and have
them look at it.

only got the watch 1 hour ago 

i have not heard from anyone with a panerai rep that it sounds like a baby rattle . 

i took a look at the video , there was no sound when it was shaken . 

Tony P

anyway it seems fat panda dont care , i am a newbie . 

so my only option repair at my own cost or have a baby rattle , i also refuse to sell it on M2M as its not fair on another until fixed . 

i was just about to buy a arf deep sea . 

should have stuck to trusty 

FudgyDocker

Tony, it may be that the rotor has come loose in transit. It wouldn't be the first time. 

Do you have a sticky ball, and some small screwdrivers to see if you can tighten the rotor?

By the way, I think that a 9010 clone movement uses a 7750 for its base. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

APjumbo

See how the seconds is ticking in a little subdial near the 9:00 position.

How does it get there?

Most watches have a ticking seconds in the center of the watch.

Because they rep gods take a 7750 which has a seconds at 9:00, then remove the chrono function, cover up the other subdial positions.

Pretty sure that all automatic pams use a 7750. Then decorate the back f the movement to look like a p9000 or whatever.

My titanium breitling bandit with a 7750 was always whirring away, buuzzzzzzz. drove me nuts. tried a tiny drop of mobius, it helped a tiny bit.

Swapped the rotor out with one from an old  superocean chrono and it helped a ton.

My old titanium omega NTTD was super loud miyota, sold it because it drove me crazy, just rebought one with an ETA, way better now.

These titanium models seem to always be louder than steel versions of similar watches.

Best solution, sticky ball, open caseback, red screwdriver, remove rotor screw, remove rotor, put screw back on movement so it doesn't get lost, manual wind 7750, super quiet.

That should be a closed caseback so no worries. Maybe look for a gen eta rotor on eBay. Something heavier than that cheap rep rotor.

Edit: also, on some of those Pam’s if I recall the caseback doesn’t just unscrew all the way, some you just unscrew a quarter turn then they come off. More like a keyed lock than a set of fine threads.

Philiusmaximus

Just stick a video up. Trying to describe sound through words is pointless.

One man's rattle is another man's swoosh

BadApple
24 minutes ago, Philiusmaximus said:

Just stick a video up. Trying to describe sound through words is pointless.

One man's rattle is another man's swoosh

THIS - whack a video for us all to listen to. 7750 and Miyotas are both used as base for decorated a modded rep movements - both have loud rotors - 2824's etc are much quieter 

Philiusmaximus

My Mike Horn is louder than any other I have. Titanium case so it's to be expected.

Abe Fromen

Agreed on post a video. FWIW my pam carbotech is crazy loud and I think it's just the way the sound resonates through the carbon fibre case. 

Tony P

how do i load a video ??

thats the thing lads it does not make a sound unless i shake it , otherwise the sound is silent . 

also i cant change the date , both click out work the hands , there is none for the date , and the date wont move either with the passing of 24 hours 

Philiusmaximus

Just post a YouTube clip or something and link it here.

Like this:

Edited by Philiusmaximus
  • Like 2

tribefan

Just don't use your personal youtube account if it has your real identity on it. Set up a dummy gmail account for youtube and post it on that.

• Like 1

TanGo

When someone complains about a noisy rotor, it's this kind of childish shuffleboard that comes to my mind...

(@tribefan , I'll use a video from someone else's 

account)

I apologize for the off topic :)

• Like 1

Tony P

Lads so I emailed very politely and told him .

Apart from the noise the date is not changing . 

I have spent 800 pounds on you and was looking to purchase more watches . 

Your statement that get it repaired and service . 

When it supposed to be a new watch is unacceptable and not helpful . 

His reply was . 

What do you expect us to do ?  You can either get the watch checked by a UK watchsmith, or you can return the watch for repair.

The choice is yours.

The video we made is the same watch we shipped to you.  We have been doing this for 6 years. 

Definitely not that noise . On the last video haha 

Tony P

In other words he's told me to go f... myself . 

The whole point of a trustworthy dealer is his reaction when things don't go right . 

He should have said please send video and evidence and check how much the repair cost will be . 

I will either refund or help you out on the next order . 

Shit I ordered a hublot of him . 

Thankfully I think that as been posted . 

Or he would probably keep the money . 

Knew I should have used 2 different TD s 

I'll create a phony you tube account and send link .

Devil

It happens, sometimes watches get messed up in the mail, remember these are goods from China that are illegal not something you've ordered on amazon prime...

He's gave you the options, which is fair, you can either send it back to him or take it to a UK watchsmith (I suggest not sending it back to China...)

Philiusmaximus

Send it to a Chinese watchsmith in UK

• Like 1

Tony P

Tony P

mr demon 

he didnt really give me options , sending the watch back would cost a fortune and taking the watch to someone and paying for it myself is not really good options . 

For something that should have arrived in fully working order . 

he as been approved on a forum dedicated to the pursuit of a excelent rep . 

yes accidents do happen , but the box had no damge and the watch was well protected , this is a factory malfunction . 

im not asking for the world , i should not pay 370 pounds and then be asked to maybe pay another 50 to service or fix a malfuction . 

He should volunteer to help with the cost and me send a rceipt , he would lose profit on this watch but my trust in him would grow and i would purchase many more from him in the future . 

he is aTD and as such as the trust of all forum members and should act accordingly when damge or issues arise . 

From what i hear Mary is amazing , even trusty was very good to me . 

to be told take it to a watchsmith or send it back , what do you want . 

Is not how you talk to anyone , much less someone spending cash , honestly maybe im too patient with people. 

i treat all with respect and i get really annoyed when people talk down me . 

Yes maybe i expect too much, but honestly thats why info on all these issues such be out there more . 

I quess theres a lot more going on . 

(((((  getting to the watch ,its a beautiful watch . ))))))

i actually held the black gen 1 week ago and they look very similar .

i think only a watchsmith will help , i dont have the experience any ideas of costs and why the noise is occuring or the manual date is not working 

????

Edited by Tony P

fatarms

The first video sounds like an A7750.

Do you know anything about not changing the date between about 9:00 and 3:00?  Judging by the second video...

I don't think this is going to end well for you...

fatarms

Btw, the whole "don't change the date between 9:00 and 3:00 using the crown" thing pertains to gens as well.   I set all of mine to around 5:30 - 6:00 before even thinking of changing the date. 

Tony P

also lads how are you im banned from shouty , otherwise i would have asked on there . 

hows things PhiliusmaximusD...L, TanGotribefanBadAppleAPjumboFudgyDocker

Hows NRICH and DEJU

Hope your feeling better tribefan ?  I caught that shit twice . 

Did you have rib pains?? , i still have them . 

Is Junior still Junior ???

shit this is a expensive hobby hahaha 

Edited by Tony P

Tony P

Fatarms i hope not i paid for a 9010 movement from VSF  . 

hope your well mate 

Edited by Tony P