Bill_C

Watch Assembly Therapy

Bill_C

Backstory:

A few years ago I bought a wire lug Radiomir homage on Ali's 11.11 sale. Got it for practically nothing... I hated it. So I decided to try my hand at aging it because I had a desire to try aging some Cartel subs eventually, so might as well practice on this thing. If I ruined it, who'd care?

Fast forward to a couple of weeks back and I see it sitting in one of my boxes just taking up space. Should I throw it out or gut the perfectly fine 6497 movement and transplant it in something new? Transplant. So I hit up Ali for some parts (new case, dial and hands). All was well.

Well, last week at work was one of the worst I've had in years. Stress galore. This week hasn't been stellar either, but it's getting better. Things have begun settling down and falling in line. All will be well soon. Add to that the fact that all of the parts for the rebuild came in yesterday and I can confidently say things are looking up.

So today after work I decided to begin the transplant/refresh. I picked up the case, hands and dial on sale for very little cash. After putting it together I can say I like this homage better. Probably could have bought it like this and saved me the work, but as weird as it sounds, putting it together myself was pretty therapeutic. Even the fiddly parts were enjoyable. I miss this stuff. I really should get around to finishing that 5512 build soon.477bf51234e62d6ce35578f4588d0daf.jpg

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Wrist shot84a1bbee0eb79cd96fc5138fbb8b1bd2.jpg

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

• Like 3