feniss

Purchasing pre-owed submariner without box?

feniss

Recently came across a good deal on a 2008 submariner and considering purchasing my first Rolex. Only this is, it does not come with the original box but does have the warranty card. Is not having the original box a major issue https://vlc.onl? Thanks

Edited by feniss

Sam812

Only if the box is important to you.

fatarms

Do you have any pictures of it?

Always buy the seller first, don't jump at something that you have no idea about.

• Like 1

Philiusmaximus

Where you buying it from?

Buy the seller not the watch

• Like 1

deju

can we all remember that " buy the seller not the watch" has sweet FA on the question of the box.

The fact the watch has the warranty card is good. Personally the watch box has little sway with me. it can have a £200-500 price difference on the watch, having a warranty card is half the battle. 

if you are happy the watch is on the level and you have the warranty card I'd personally look at what the watch box costs on ebay, add that to the deal and decide if it's still a deal. 

I actually bought a Rolex from a dealer who was nice enough to contact me 2 months later to say he found the box and gave me it even after the deal was done and the box trades at £700 on ebay. Great but I was never fussed. It sits in a drawer   

• Like 2

Abe Fromen

If the watch is legit, buy it. 

Most of us have multi-carry watch boxes, and the OE box just gathers dust in the closet. It helps on resale a bit but as others stated, you can always pick up a box after the fact if it's important to you. FWIW Rolex boxes are crap, so spending big money for a piece of green cardboard that says 'rolex' on it is kinda crazy. But YMMV.