Sign in to follow this  
trailboss99

What strap for my DW tourbie?

pamelo

What power are you getting out of that tourbie? Does it run 24hrs on a wind? How many winds?

I just got a Breguet tourbie from Timeshops. Takes about 20 winds, runs 12 hrs and stops.

Keeps good time, but not much power. I emailed Mark about it.

http://www.timeshops.net/product.php?id_product=10409

Edited by pamelo

Dendo
Well it can't be 52deg because I get some real weird readings at that. Amplitude of some 340deg (varies from 300 to 344) which is impossible and between -8 and +12 sec a day! Beat error is good, about 2ms

Normally i leave any new watch for 3-4 weeks before i adjust anything.... but after watching this tourbie at +36secs too aprox +42secs in 4 positions i had to play.

The removal of caseback stem & mounting screws revealed that the movement actually has to be removed from the front...sigh.

After removing the front glass & adjusting / checking in 4 positions only i now have -5secs error typically, amp 260, beat error 0.1ms to 0.2ms but the time error is very variable even with a twenty second gate time..sheesh.

Sorry to say the movement does not appear as consistent in its performance compared to my BK DSSD 28800 which has been adjusted (two months ago approx) & yet remains at +1sec error,amp 302, beat 0.0ms . Beautiful watch the Tourbie, just need to get me some blue hands, a new strap & then see if the movement settles down with use.

Cheers,

I would think that crown up, crown down would be irrelevant with the tourby movement.

The Seagull movement I have in my JLC tourbillon is pretty much exact to the second which is just as well coz it is a bit more work to adjust from the face side.

Think everyone is right about the lightly padded brown leather strap. I need one also that hopefully will take a deployment fitting - not easy to find a nice one with curved ends and tapered end that will fit the deployment.

BTW mine is handwound and does at least 36 hours.

OH and no idea about the lift angle Col. Sorry.

JVK

I have my JLC Tourby on a black Andreas alligator strap from Sirtoli (RIOS 1931 Art Manuel). From what I've read on other forums, it's the best strap within its price range. I received the strap 7 days after my order (via EMS), all perfectly packaged. The quality is amazing, easily comparable with my Dad's OEM JLC strap (made by Camille Fournet).

At first I thought of getting a strap with curved ends, but this one looks fantastic as well - covers all the space between the case and the lug holes.

They also do all sorts of custom orders, with a reasonable waiting time of 8 weeks, and a base price of 240 USD. :giggle:

Hope that helps mate! :wacko:

pamelo
I have my JLC Tourby on a black Andreas alligator strap from Sirtoli (RIOS 1931 Art Manuel). From what I've read on other forums, it's the best strap within its price range. I received the strap 7 days after my order (via EMS), all perfectly packaged. The quality is amazing, easily comparable with my Dad's OEM JLC strap (made by Camille Fournet).

How long does your JLC tourb run between winds? How long have you had it for? thanks

Edited by pamelo

JVK

About 40 hours mate.

I've had it since February and it keeps fantastic time. From what I can gather, these Chinese tourbillons are really good and durable.

The JLC Tourbillon is one fantastic piece. It really looks the part, and the level of finish is sensational. I got mine from Mary - flawless transaction at a great price. Highly recommended! :)

pamelo
About 40 hours mate.

I've had it since February and it keeps fantastic time. From what I can gather, these Chinese tourbillons are really good and durable.

The JLC Tourbillon is one fantastic piece. It really looks the part, and the level of finish is sensational. I got mine from Mary - flawless transaction at a great price. Highly recommended! :wave:

I got 12 hours on my Breguet tourb a few times. Then it broke. Have to return it for repair. After having it 3 days.

MikeMcNair

which sucks, because i wanted to play wit it :wave: sorry bob.

JVK
About 40 hours mate.

The JLC Tourbillon is one fantastic piece. It really looks the part, and the level of finish is sensational. I got mine from Mary - flawless transaction at a great price. Highly recommended! :wave:

I got 12 hours on my Breguet tourb a few times. Then it broke. Have to return it for repair. After having it 3 days.

That sucks mate! Bad luck really.

That's the huge downside to tourbillon mechanisms: 99% of people are not knowledgeable enough to work on one.

Member X

mike, seriously, how am I expected to do any work with that new avatar?? :) LoL

coolroy
Well it can't be 52deg because I get some real weird readings at that. Amplitude of some 340deg (varies from 300 to 344) which is impossible and between -8 and +12 sec a day! Beat error is good, about 2ms

Normally i leave any new watch for 3-4 weeks before i adjust anything.... but after watching this tourbie at +36secs too aprox +42secs in 4 positions i had to play.

The removal of caseback stem & mounting screws revealed that the movement actually has to be removed from the front...sigh.

After removing the front glass & adjusting / checking in 4 positions only i now have -5secs error typically, amp 260, beat error 0.1ms to 0.2ms but the time error is very variable even with a twenty second gate time..sheesh.

Sorry to say the movement does not appear as consistent in its performance compared to my BK DSSD 28800 which has been adjusted (two months ago approx) & yet remains at +1sec error,amp 302, beat 0.0ms . Beautiful watch the Tourbie, just need to get me some blue hands, a new strap & then see if the movement settles down with use.

Cheers,

Yeah but what lift angle are you using? Until we know that we can't put the damn thing on the timograph! Come on mate, spill the beans.

Col

Sorrry for delay i was using default of 52degrees for above result, but found max amplitude is at 63 degrees. I am just a novice so any advice or request to change my settings to help anyone will gladly be done.

Cheers

Wiz

Cheers,

Yeah but what lift angle are you using? Until we know that we can't put the damn thing on the timograph! Come on mate, spill the beans.

Col

Sorrry for delay i was using default of 52degrees for above result, but found max amplitude is at 63 degrees. I am just a novice so any advice or request to change my settings to help anyone will gladly be done.

Cheers

It's most likely not 52°, we should ask DW.

PatronSaintofChainsaws
mike, seriously, how am I expected to do any work with that new avatar?? :) LoL

Holy shit, seriously. I was actually just staring at it and forgot why I came to this thread in the first place.