Sign in to follow this  
trailboss99

What strap for my DW tourbie?

trailboss99

Oke guys, I need a decent strap on this.

dsc03696u.jpgdsc03688a.jpg

What do you think? Padded, single, double or maybe flat? Croc or another exotic?

Col.

greg_r

Lightly padded high gloss brown croc if it was me, mate :facepalm:

Stunning watch btw!

opus9

Padded.Gloss,brown/burgundy

regards

opus

Member X

I'm in exactly the same situation! :)

I'm thinking black, satin finish, well padded...

Suggestions for places to shop that are reasonably priced?? :thumbsup:

There's always 'genuine croc' on ebay but I'm not sure how much I trust them...

Wiz

Was asking myself the same thing. Maybe matte beige padded.

trailboss99

Why don't you wait until you see what comes back from our new supplier in GZ guys? The RWG shop will soon be a source of custom straps in exotic leathers at unbeatable prices.

Col.

Member X

But I want it nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :):thumbsup: LOL

d1isthe1

Amazing piece col .. very neat.. dark brown choco padded .. imo

Scavolas

Definitely brown (middle-to-dark hue), crocodile style, medium padded and light or nor visible stiching.

Is it just my ignorance but I'm clueless what DW stands for? By the way, it is a marvellous watch, perhaps would be even more so without Roman numeral marks. It should have cost close to 700 USD, right?

trailboss99

Dark red/brown lightly padded croc it is.

wat44

Nato

coolroy
Dark red/brown lightly padded croc it is.

Yep mine arrived today too, needs a new strap for sure.

Currently sat on the timegrapher & showing +6 seconds per day error, (watch fully wound).

The watch face is better than i expected although a little dissapointed that mine also came with black hands, I think the blue shown in pic 1 would suit better.

The movement seemed smooth & the beat is good according to timegrapher, my eyesight & hearing is crap so i lean heavily on the machine to tell me how things are going.

Good value for money overall i would think, & I am happy to add this to my small but growing collection.

Cheers.

pollux1

Isn't that just beautiful.... WOW!

trailboss99

What lift angle are you using coolroy? I have NFI what is correct for this 'un.

Wiz
What lift angle are you using coolroy? I have NFI what is correct for this 'un.

+1

dingle

cool watch TB. I love the breguet type hands. Croc or another exotic fo sho!

trailboss99

Well it can't be 52deg because I get some real weird readings at that. Amplitude of some 340deg (varies from 300 to 344) which is impossible and between -8 and +12 sec a day! Beat error is good, about 2ms

Aren

Trailboss that watch is completely stunning.

Really, really beautiful.

I think any strap you choose would look great,

and the nice thing about straps is...you can change them for a new look.

With a watch that lovely, you need to have a few different straps,

so you can change the look in a subtle way...whenever you feel like it.

Congratulations on that lovely timepiece and

wear it in good health.

:rofl:

coolroy
Well it can't be 52deg because I get some real weird readings at that. Amplitude of some 340deg (varies from 300 to 344) which is impossible and between -8 and +12 sec a day! Beat error is good, about 2ms

Normally i leave any new watch for 3-4 weeks before i adjust anything.... but after watching this tourbie at +36secs too aprox +42secs in 4 positions i had to play.

The removal of caseback stem & mounting screws revealed that the movement actually has to be removed from the front...sigh.

After removing the front glass & adjusting / checking in 4 positions only i now have -5secs error typically, amp 260, beat error 0.1ms to 0.2ms but the time error is very variable even with a twenty second gate time..sheesh.

Sorry to say the movement does not appear as consistent in its performance compared to my BK DSSD 28800 which has been adjusted (two months ago approx) & yet remains at +1sec error,amp 302, beat 0.0ms . Beautiful watch the Tourbie, just need to get me some blue hands, a new strap & then see if the movement settles down with use.

Cheers,

Edited by coolroy

Big Tex

Shoot...I'd get a couple of straps for it....a burgundy and a black. The black one would be a Panatime gator strap....mainly because I have 7 or 8 of them now on other watches....and the burgundy one would have a croc embossing on it.

Member X
Shoot...I'd get a couple of straps for it....a burgundy and a black. The black one would be a Panatime gator strap....mainly because I have 7 or 8 of them now on other watches....and the burgundy one would have a croc embossing on it.

:thumbsup2:

ThinkBachs

Must have a strap with a curved end!

l1020536.jpg

trailboss99

Normally i leave any new watch for 3-4 weeks before i adjust anything.... but after watching this tourbie at +36secs too aprox +42secs in 4 positions i had to play.

The removal of caseback stem & mounting screws revealed that the movement actually has to be removed from the front...sigh.

After removing the front glass & adjusting / checking in 4 positions only i now have -5secs error typically, amp 260, beat error 0.1ms to 0.2ms but the time error is very variable even with a twenty second gate time..sheesh.

Sorry to say the movement does not appear as consistent in its performance compared to my BK DSSD 28800 which has been adjusted (two months ago approx) & yet remains at +1sec error,amp 302, beat 0.0ms . Beautiful watch the Tourbie, just need to get me some blue hands, a new strap & then see if the movement settles down with use.

Cheers,

Yeah but what lift angle are you using? Until we know that we can't put the damn thing on the timograph! Come on mate, spill the beans.

Col

killgarh
Must have a strap with a curved end!

l1020536.jpg

What a nice strap !!!

Where did you get it ???