chrisely24

Shipping times

chrisely24

Sorry if this post is in the wrong area.

I have purchased my second rep from the same dealer. The first rep was a few years ago and I do not remember how long it took me to get it.

My USPS tracking shows that it has been awaiting package arrival since the 7th of July.

This is coming from Malaysia, is it normal to be taking this long? Thanks

watchchris

A month is common nowadays for waiting time. Be patient.

chrisely24

Hit 30 days today, when should I start worrying?

tribefan
11 minutes ago, chrisely24 said:

Hit 30 days today, when should I start worrying?

Where does the tracking say it is at?

FudgyDocker

@chrisely24 Don't know anyone that ships from Malaysia. Which dealer is it from?

chrisely24

Lawrence watch, I have ordered from him before but, can't remember how long it took.

Shipping is still showing label has been created, awaiting item.  In Jamaica New York

tribefan

It's probably waiting to clear customs. Can take two days or two months, you never know. When the status says through ISC to one of the USPS hubs in Jamaica, JFK or New Jersey it is on it's way.

chrisely24

Yeah, I can only see the tracking after it arrives in the U.S. I cant see tracking in Malaysia. Ill wait a while longer I suppose.

chrisely24

From July 7th still no watch lol.

Dealer checked said shipping place is shipping the item again and I am waiting on a new tracking #. he said if that doesnt work he will ship a new watch.

JssCo

Shipping times depend on a number of factors; 

The strength of any particular company,  availability of the product being sourced  (does the seller have it readily available, or are they waiting to get it), the mode of transportation: by Air, Land or by Sea. And most importantly, how was the Customs Declaration Documentation filled out when the parcel was shipped. This documentation is how customs identifies your parcel (without having to open it and tear it apart upon receipt)

There are even instances where your tracking information/shipping notifications may show "Held By Customs" it can be a headache, but try not to panic.  There are times that Customs does this in order to verify the contents of a package or parcel. And although Customs does perform random searches, this would usually happen because the Cust. Decl. Documentation was not filled out properly.

Normally, smaller parcels ship faster due to their size and mode of transportation "Air". That  said, any parcel deemed suspicious or believed to be a counterfeit product  will be put under heavy scrutiny when entering the U.S.

Watches can be extremely difficult to import into the U.S., if your company/dealer lacks the resources to avoid any obstacles or mishaps.

I hope this works out for you, or already has. My opinion you've already waited to long...

chrisely24

Watch has left arrived and left California airport to wherever it goes after that. I should have it soon

tribefan

Brutal but it happens. This is a long time from a TD, I've had to wait 5 months + a couple of times but that was on Gate watches.