Daytona7750

Daytona seconds at 6 jewels

Daytona7750

Hello. 

Do the new (EWF with shanghai v5 a7750 to be specific) daytona replicas have jewels for their new transfer gears? Since l've seen IWC 3714/3716 replicas with jewels for their transfer gears l'm curious if the newer daytonas have done this too.

Does anyone have any information on this? Please let me know

ps: I’m trying to do the graphite trick if the movement has no jewels for the additional gears. Is it hard for a first timer? I have the tools and time to so.

fatarms

Better (BTF) and Clean (CF) have been using full clone 4130 movements for a couple years now.  I'd recommend spending the extra and getting those instead.

Daytona7750
1 hour ago, fatarms said:

Better (BTF) and Clean (CF) have been using full clone 4130 movements for a couple years now.  I'd recommend spending the extra and getting those instead.

Ive got this used for a very cheap price and i already have it in my hand so id rather use this than purchasing a new bt or clean

GenTLe
11 hours ago, Daytona7750 said:

Hello. 

Do the new (EWF with shanghai v5 a7750 to be specific) daytona replicas have jewels for their new transfer gears? Since l've seen IWC 3714/3716 replicas with jewels for their transfer gears l'm curious if the newer daytonas have done this too.

Does anyone have any information on this? Please let me know

ps: I’m trying to do the graphite trick if the movement has no jewels for the additional gears. Is it hard for a first timer? I have the tools and time to so.

Probably easy to get: the reliable ones have not working hours and minute chrono counters.

Daytona7750
1 hour ago, GenTLe said:

Probably easy to get: the reliable ones have not working hours and minute chrono counters.

Sorry but i couldn’t understand your comment. What should I get? Sell the EWF and get an ARF?
I know the ARF ones have jewels in their seconds. Im wondering if the EWF ones have them too.

A reddit reply says the EWF doesnt have them but I’m not quite sure since the source is from a random user in reddit. I might open the watch myself when my caseback opening ball arrives from china.

Edited by Daytona7750
Had to add stuff

KruisingKhaos95
5 minutes ago, Daytona7750 said:

Sorry but i couldn’t understand your comment. What should I get? Sell the EWF and get an ARF?
I know the ARF ones have jewels in their seconds. Im wondering if the EWF ones have them too.

A reddit reply says the EWF doesnt have them but I’m not quite sure since the source is from a random user in reddit. I might open the watch myself when my caseback opening ball arrives from china.

If you have no plans on using the chrono function and don't mind your Daytona being slightly thicker than gen (which can also be fixed if needed by swapping rotor and caseback),  then I'd highly recommend ARF. They can however be tricky to source as ARF do  not make a lot of them (so I've heard), so either you'll have to be patient or try and snipe some on the M2M section.

ARF also have some of the best dials, especially for the price. I completely understand the comments above suggesting Clean or BTF, realistically if budget isn't an issue then these are your best options available right now, however, if you aren't comfortable forking out near $800 just yet on a rep Daytona, ARF all the way. I certainly wouldn't bother with other low end factories.

This is all just my opinion of course so do take it with a pinch of salt, I'd also strongly suggest doing as much of your own research as possible because what is right for you, may not necessarily be right for me or anyone else for that matter.

As an example for what you can an expect from an ARF Daytona, here's a pic of my Paul Newman below :)

20220731-142619.jpg

• Like 1

Daytona7750
12 minutes ago, KruisingKhaos95 said:

If you have no plans on using the chrono function and don't mind your Daytona being slightly thicker than gen (which can also be fixed if needed by swapping rotor and caseback),  then I'd highly recommend ARF. They can however be tricky to source as ARF do  not make a lot of them (so I've heard), so either you'll have to be patient or try and snipe some on the M2M section.

ARF also have some of the best dials, especially for the price. I completely understand the comments above suggesting Clean or BTF, realistically if budget isn't an issue then these are your best options available right now, however, if you aren't comfortable forking out near $800 just yet on a rep Daytona, ARF all the way. I certainly wouldn't bother with other low end factories.

This is all just my opinion of course so do take it with a pinch of salt, I'd also strongly suggest doing as much of your own research as possible because what is right for you, may not necessarily be right for me or anyone else for that matter.

As an example for what you can an expect from an ARF Daytona, here's a pic of my Paul Newman below :)

20220731-142619.jpg

Yes thank you. I guess ill have to sell this and buy an ARF then. Nice watch by the way

• Like 1

GenTLe
1 hour ago, Daytona7750 said:

My comment was about your first question: "Do the new (EWF with shanghai v5 a7750 to be specific) daytona replicas have jewels for their new transfer gears?".

The answer is that if you have working minute and hour chrono counters, that's not a jeweled running sec at 6 movement. Those with jeweled sec at 6 movement have disabled hour and minute chrono subdials.

• Like 2