Omega_guy

Omega UK issue

Omega_guy

I’m looking for some advice guys, I went to a Omega Boutique to have a link added to my newly bought 300m Chrono 44mm 

I asked about setting the date and they didn’t know that you do it by the helium valve.

It took 3 of them about 15 mins on constantly winding the hour hands. I asked them to stop as I thought it may damage it.

They said they always have to do this, the date was nearly a month out and they just kept spinning the hands from the crown ???

Am I wrong in thinking this could have caused damage

Omega_guy

Bump

Philiusmaximus

Who knows. Depends how rough they were with it. If it's working alright then I wouldn't worry. If it isn't then it's probably buggered.

Consider getting it pressure tested for peace of mind.

GenTLe

Are you speaking about this one? If so there's no "date set" inside the He valve... Look at 4:20 how the date is change on these.

Omega_guy
16 minutes ago, GenTLe said:

Are you speaking about this one? If so there's no "date set" inside the He valve... Look at 4:20 how the date is change on these.

No it’s the previous one that was from 2012 - 2021.

The calibre 3300 

gran
10 hours ago, Omega_guy said:

Am I wrong in thinking this could have caused damage

should be perfectly fine and damage free even if it is torturous to look at

GenTLe
21 minutes ago, Omega_guy said:

No it’s the previous one that was from 2012 - 2021.

The calibre 3300 

Then you should report this to Omega, people working in their AD should know what to do with watches they sell... Even older ones.

No damage, but extremely poor knowledge from them.

Did you tell them how it works?

Omega_guy
11 hours ago, GenTLe said:

Then you should report this to Omega, people working in their AD should know what to do with watches they sell... Even older ones.

No damage, but extremely poor knowledge from them.

Did you tell them how it works?

I bought this pre owned from goldsmiths online but it’s an unworn 2020 model. As brand new. I tried to tell them it was the helium escape valve but I wasn’t 100% sure it was. 

I just assumed three staff members of an official Omega store couldn’t be wrong 

Philiusmaximus

They're just sales assistants. About as close to experts are as Halfords staff are to mechanics.

Redfire1066

Sales, sales, sales . .. . .. . (and teeth whitening :D)  .. .   .. .  that's all they are interested in . . . .  no matter if it's watches, phones, cars, sports equipment etc, etc . .. .. ..   . . .  and while I have found an occasionally genuinely interested and knowledgable  member of staff amongst the usual high street watch boutiques   ... .   .. overall for most it seems just to be a job to turn up too in the morning and knock off at 5 o'clock . . .. ..  . .   . ..  The turn over of staff in these watch boutiques is regular and high.   Here in the Glasgow Omega Boutique there is one guy I will deal . . .  and if it's his day off  . ...   I wait and go back .. .. . as for the rest of the staff I do not have much confidence :thumbdown: .   The independant watch shops seem to be more interested and knowledgable and provide better service overall . ... .  but just my experience over the last 40 years of buying watches on the high street.  But, of course you are correct  . .. . you would think that there would better knowledge amongst the three of them . .. . ..  :thumbsup2:

Omega_guy

I couldn’t agree more guys, I thought it was just me. No one seems to know anything these days. You go to buy and new tv and the so called experts at Curry’s know nothing. Most just blag you with bull crap 

• Like 1