Sign in to follow this  
Rick Bayles

What is the best watch brand after Rolex & Breitling?

Rick Bayles

Hi there,

I am trying to make a list of the best watches that are available. I have rate Rolex at #1 and Breitling at #2. What are some other really good high end watches? Any tips would be highly appreciated.

Many thanks for advance

Rick Bayles

houndoggie

I think you need to learn much about watches before you continue your list.

nunu78
I think you need to learn much about watches before you continue your list.

+1 Breitling 2nd best watch in the world.......must be joking mate

Edited by nunu78

houndoggie

Rolex is not even in the top tier.

Breitling isn't even in the same tier as Rolex.

kolchak

I'm hoping OP's criteria or meaning is best model of reps available. At least it's closer...

bklynboy
I'm hoping OP's criteria or meaning is best model of reps available. At least it's closer...

Maybe its most popular? I've gotten a few good Omega reps from trusted dealers here

Luthier

Rolex is #1 brand traditionally, like Beatles are #1 band forever, but how often you listen Abbey Road?

Breitling is great brand, no doubt, but not even close to #2. You forgot Audemars Piguet (AP), Hublot, Panerai, Omega, IWC, Corum, many, many more great brands.

Member X

lol

I think what the others are trying to say in a slightly blunt way ;) is that there is a whole world of watches out there past the 'big names' you see on the high street and promoting sporting events, many of which are truely handmade and miles better than Rolex in the 'kudos' stakes :gunbandana:

If you are only just getting into watches, I suggest a good month to 3 months of reading before you dive in and buy anything. Everyone wants to get straight in and get something cool, like, NOW :) but many regret their first purchases because they didn't do enough research.

Pull up a chair, read through all the guides and the information posted in the different forums, and keep an eye on the weekly wrist-check threads to see what gets posted. That's probably your best way of finding out what reps are available and what your taste ends up being :rofl: For me, I hated Rolex and I never 'got' Panerai, but my taste evolved from where I started and now most of my collection is either a rep or a homage to these two makes... :facepalm::D

Feel free to ask questions, we're here to help, but expect to have some banter and be told that information is elsewhere with a little searching, it's all part of the process! :D

flottiglia

+1,if not it shows the power of the marketing machines of these two companies and the effect on the public.

The vast majority of the general public have never even heard of Patek or Glashutte etc

GC

IMO...and that's all it is

Vacheron Constaintine

Patek Philipe

Audemars Piguet

Jaeger LeCoultre

Zenith

Baume Mercier

these Companies are the top tier (more well known brands) from Haute Horlogerie, others are the Frank Mueller, Richard Mille, Parmigiani et als...

Here is a link to the Foundation De La Haute Horlogerie

http://www.hautehorlogerie.org/en/

Baldrick

Timex :lol:

just visiting
lol

I think what the others are trying to say in a slightly blunt way ;) is that there is a whole world of watches out there past the 'big names' you see on the high street and promoting sporting events, many of which are truely handmade and miles better than Rolex in the 'kudos' stakes ;)

If you are only just getting into watches, I suggest a good month to 3 months of reading before you dive in and buy anything. Everyone wants to get straight in and get something cool, like, NOW :lol: but many regret their first purchases because they didn't do enough research.

Pull up a chair, read through all the guides and the information posted in the different forums, and keep an eye on the weekly wrist-check threads to see what gets posted. That's probably your best way of finding out what reps are available and what your taste ends up being :) For me, I hated Rolex and I never 'got' Panerai, but my taste evolved from where I started and now most of my collection is either a rep or a homage to these two makes... :facepalm: :(

Feel free to ask questions, we're here to help, but expect to have some banter and be told that information is elsewhere with a little searching, it's all part of the process! :D

I am a noob. Did exactly what you are saying not to do. I hate Rolex...well maybe hate is too strong a word. I don't "get" Rolex is more like it. I like Pams after staring at pic after pic of them on RWG and RWI. I should really read everything on the forums first. But hey it's more fun to buy stuff today! As you said, it's all part of the process.

just visiting
Timex :lol:

What can I say? Goes well with my exclusive lifestyle. When I take my lady down to the posh McDonald's or Subway for a date, for example. Fits right in.

greg_r

Well well, Rick Bayles. You are the same fuckwit spammer/scammer I banned yesterday - may your bollocks rot off and the rebar get stuck so far up your arse that you'll need an eye nose & throat doctor to remove it...

At least I caught you before you snuck your craptacular website's URL into your sig this time....

dontstopmenow.jpg

terma-nator

I'm surprised that no body has mentioned Patek Phillipe as one of "The Best" watches....Well, I'd like to have one anyway!

Electrobrat

Casio