B168

Your 3 best rep watches.

B168
7 hours ago, Abe Fromen said:

Best three I've ever had, in terms of how close to gen? 

Noob Panerai 111

ZF Blancpain 50 Fathoms

ZF IWC Mark XVII 

Thank you!  Ohhh IWC and Blancpain are two models I've never even considered, much less knew they had reps!  Writing all these down!

• Like 1

B168
6 hours ago, gran said:

fa892fcd-c556-48fb-8a8b-5b579836e087.jpg

ChopardNotChrono.jpg?width=320&height=32

Probably this is the best one I have that is totally unmodified and with Asian a07.111 clone

The next two on my list I am uncertain of.

See, this is why I'm glad for all your inputs.  I had no idea such a beautiful watch existed, gen or otherwise!  Man that looks kickass.

movintage

@B168 if you are into bronzos, check out the thread

OLDBLOKE74

zoazi5.jpg

• Like 4

OLDBLOKE74

zoahL2.jpg

• Like 4

B168
5 hours ago, movintage said:

@B168 if you are into bronzos, check out the thread

Oooooh I didn't see this while going through so many pages on this forum. Thank you! :D

B168

@OLDBLOKE74that's a sweet IWC! And man I wish Panerai's don't look wonky on my 6.3 inch wrist. 

deju
43 minutes ago, B168 said:

@OLDBLOKE74that's a sweet IWC! And man I wish Panerai's don't look wonky on my 6.3 inch wrist. 

36mm Rolex DJ / Explorer 1 :bounce:

B168
42 minutes ago, deju said:

36mm Rolex DJ / Explorer 1 :bounce:

Lol, adding that to my ever growing list. Thanks! :D

BadApple

IMG-0028.jpg
IMG-0159.jpg
IMG-0202.jpg

• Like 4

Phoenixboy
4 hours ago, B168 said:

Oooooh I didn't see this while going through so many pages on this forum. Thank you! :D

created for your viewing pleasure.:D

• Like 1

Abe Fromen
5 hours ago, OLDBLOKE74 said:

zoazi5.jpg

speaking of discontinued unicorns. LOL

B168
1 hour ago, Abe Fromen said:

speaking of discontinued unicorns. LOL

I'm new to the rep world.  New as in never bought one yet.  Chronographs and tourbillons on reps actually work?  Or is it something that works but best not to use it?:huh:

B168

@BadApple those red raised numbers on your seamaster contrasting with  the black dail, omg so cool!  But with my luck that's a 42mm, too big for my teeny wrist.:cry:

2 hours ago, Phoenixboy said:

created for your viewing pleasure.:D

Dear god so much eye candy on the Bronzo forum!!!:fear:

Abe Fromen
9 minutes ago, B168 said:

I'm new to the rep world.  New as in never bought one yet.  Chronographs and tourbillons on reps actually work?  Or is it something that works but best not to use it?:huh:

Chronos do, tourby's no idea but not likely (at least insofar as actual functionality, there's a reason why gen tourbys are $100,000+). 

But there are a lot of Chrono movements out there. Some work great, some explode early on. I've stayed away from them because servicing is expensive, assuming you can find a watchmaker willing to (a) work on a replica and (b) is qualified to work on a chrono. A friend of mine is a watchmaker (who does NOT work on reps) and his basic chrono service charge without parts is close to a grand. YMMV tho.

BadApple
3 hours ago, B168 said:

@BadApple those red raised numbers on your seamaster contrasting with  the black dail, omg so cool!  But with my luck that's a 42mm, too big for my teeny wrist.:cry:

Dear god so much eye candy on the Bronzo forum!!!:fear:

45.5mm dia bud.....  

B168
On 04/08/2022 at 21:58, Abe Fromen said:

Chronos do, tourby's no idea but not likely (at least insofar as actual functionality, there's a reason why gen tourbys are $100,000+). 

But there are a lot of Chrono movements out there. Some work great, some explode early on. I've stayed away from them because servicing is expensive, assuming you can find a watchmaker willing to (a) work on a replica and (b) is qualified to work on a chrono. A friend of mine is a watchmaker (who does NOT work on reps) and his basic chrono service charge without parts is close to a grand. YMMV tho.

Solid advice.  As much as I want to buy a chrono/tourbi I guess I'll stay away in the meantime.  Much appreciated!

On 05/08/2022 at 01:28, BadApple said:

45.5mm dia bud.....  

Oh crap that will look comical on my wrist.  Like a 6 year old trying on their dad's planet ocean.  Looks great on you, cheers!

APjumbo

For your first reps maybe stick with regular simple 3 hand movements.

Also a lot of chrono models with functioning chronos have sunken datewheels. They are also thicker.

The new ZF seamaster 300 looks like a nice watch.

The newer planet oceans are kind of thick. The older 42mm planet oceans wear small in my opinion, they are closed caseback and thinner. The best older 42mm closed caseback planet ocean is the LMPO by noob.

If going panerai maybe stick to the thinner  manual wind models, but they are usually 44mm, you may find them large but plenty of small wrist people enjoy them. The 177 is titanium so wears much easier. Also consider the carbon models (but I believe they are less gen like than a 177)

A VSF Rolex datejust may be a good choice.

Rolex 39mm explorer 1 by BP is a great watch and is under 40mm 

The 36mm explorer 1 isn’t as popular as a rep. (Not as genuine or something EWF? Worse quality?, not sure)

I don’t know much about IWC but I bet they make a killer small light watch in a pilot variety that would work well. Probably best to look for a ZF

I was just checking out the ceramic pilots today and they look cool.

Tudor black bay 58 wears small and would be a great choice. ZF model, in black or blue. This would be my #1 recommendation for a killer rep for smaller wrist, and isn’t a Rolex so a little more under the radar.

These are all good choices for people with girly sized wrists like you mentioned LOL.

Dont put too much emphasis on diameter. Lug to lug is more important, as well as weight and thickness.

I will wear anything from 38mm-47mm, but try to keep lug to lug under 50mm and usually stray away from 200g pieces. 130g-150g is the sweet spot. 7.25” wrist.

Plenty of other choices but lots of them have annoying flaws.

I don’t know much about a Cartier santos in 35mm but if that’s your style I would look into it. I also would love to try one myself one day especially in DLC (Black)

The new Breitling release by GF , the superocean ‘57 looks super nice, I really want one so if you could make that your first rep and report back that would be great.

• Like 2

B168

@APjumbo wow thanks for the expert and extensive advice!  You have great points and all are going into my notes, thanks a bunch! :D

Edited by B168

Knowone

:DI can’t wait to build my collection

deju

Just for @BadApple 

Marlin 177, as good as my gen IMHO. massive regrets selling 

zOWm1I.jpg

zOWiH4.jpg

• Like 2

tribefan

Here's the best dress one's I have:

zOWt1E.jpg

ZF IWC 5001/07

GF Glashutte 60's

GF Ultra thin JLC

ZF VC Fifty-Six

OMF Blancpain Villeret

And the infamous ALS Datograph. No idea the factory.

Really happy with all of these. All on genuine animal skins for various sorts, many from @TanGo, all wear well and comfortably and are stunners on the wrist with a fine linen shirt. Only the VC has an obvious tell, the rest are pretty spot on.

Here are the best subs.
zOWrK2.jpg

ZF Tudor Burcherer w/ swiss 2824

Noob 1948 LMPO

2 VSF SMP's

ZF Tudor GMT

ARF Grape OP

GF Wimbledon DJ

ZF Tudor BB58

Wear all of these pretty regularly except the Tudor GMT. Of all the reps I have, the case lugs on this are the sharpest and can dig in. Others are great. I was most surprised by the WB DJ. That one wears super nice IRL.

Why have just 3?

• Like 2