hiddenartefacts

Best 6542 with Bakelite dial (other than gen, of course :D)

hiddenartefacts

Hello everyone!

I'm a real noob to these kind of watches. Ironically, the only rep I've owned was a Noob sold to me by a friend - it fell to pieces within the first few weeks, but hey...

I'm looking to get a replica of the 6542 'Pepsi' with the bakelite dial - https://www.isringtime.com/archive/1958-rolex-6542-bakelite-bezel-excellent-dial-and-bezel is an excellent example of what I'm looking for. I'm not going to come here and expect a perfect replica for £50 - I'm willing to source one from a reputable dealer, and take my time in doing so.

Unfortunately, I do not have the physicality anymore to build watches myself, so a prebuild (or a forum member willing to get the parts and build it for me) would be essential. 

Any pointers for a noob to this game?

Mystery Shopper

Have a look through Rollie's section

BadPickle

Tswatch did some nice ones before he got booted off the forum for crazy behaviour :lol: 

@Popperini might steer you in the right direction. 

Popperini

Oh hai!

You can get the 6542 from (probably) any TD, but last time they were being discussed over the road at RWI, a couple of guys had got them recently from various sources. There's a classic BP/cartel factory offering:

https://puretimewatch.io/vintage-gmt-master-blue-red-bezel-black-dial-style-3-on-ss-bracelet-a2836.html

And there was also a "hand vintagized" version being sold by TDs, but I can't find that one now... just the 1675 version:

https://puretimewatch.io/hand-made-aging-treatment-vintage-gmt-master-1675-gilt-dial-rbf-best-edition-on-jubilee-bracelet-a2836-v2-free-leather-strap.html

So, there's not really much in the way of choice, so unless you want to go down the expensive, time consuming route and start sourcing all the components to build one (or get one built) then these are the only option. And they look absolutely fine - but will always benefit from a bit of light modding.

This thread has an absolute ton of info. I'd recommend starting at the end and working back though (link is to the last page), as the vast majority of it concerns the now defunt TS-Station model:

https://forum.replica-watch.info/threads/new-6542-budget-factory-option-by-ts-station.7398459/page-75

BADSASHARRY91

Hi , do you have any idea if a factory makes the 1675-3 variant ? Kind regards!

Sailorchadf
On 15/08/2022 at 14:51, BADSASHARRY91 said:

Hi , do you have any idea if a factory makes the 1675-3 variant ? Kind regards!

They did but sadly none of the td’s have them in stock anymore. 

Intresting

likely you will need to get it custom made and spend some coin....

watimizit

Any recent orders of 6542? Looking to order one. I prefer the darker bezel, but less faux aging on the dial and hands. It looks like pfc8188 is showing it available, has anyone got one from them recently?

tribefan
8 minutes ago, watimizit said:

Any recent orders of 6542? Looking to order one. I prefer the darker bezel, but less faux aging on the dial and hands. It looks like pfc8188 is showing it available, has anyone got one from them recently?

If no one else has them Perfect Clones doesn't either. Don't use what is on their web site as accurate. And frankly, even if Josh says they are available, I wouldn't believe it.

watimizit

I thought they were talking about the 1675 model not being available, but 6542 was?

Sailorchadf
17 hours ago, watimizit said:

Marvelous Replica can get it for you.  Just email him and send a picture of what you want.

watimizit
1 hour ago, Sailorchadf said:

Marvelous Replica can get it for you.  Just email him and send a picture of what you want.

PM sent