APjumbo

AP diver on bracelet

APjumbo
13 minutes ago, letti001 said:

I was looking at some AP Divers but am worried about the straps. I am partial to SS bracelets for my other watches.

Thank you for any thoughts.

Sal

(In the meantime, I am repairing my LMPO as the tube is stripped. Waiting for parts :D)

JF version 10 can be bought with a SS bracelet. But it is a heavy combination. One of the best things about AP and the strap being wide and integrated into the case is having a custom strap that changes the whole look to whatever suits you. Ii is a strange combination but I love wearing an AP diver on a hornback strap.

F4183477-F7-F6-4286-9442-239-C464-C7-CF5

• Like 1

letti001

I thought it would be heavy. Thank you for verifying.

If I bought it with the SS bracelet, I could always swap it out as you suggested and still have the SS bracelet if I need to .

APjumbo
32 minutes ago, letti001 said:

I thought it would be heavy. Thank you for verifying.

If I bought it with the SS bracelet, I could always swap it out as you suggested and still have the SS bracelet if I need to .

That’s exactly what I did, except the strap plots/links can not be removed from the bracelet and re used on the strap. 
The ones on AliExpress say they are 4.5mm and mine measure at 4.3mm maybe someone out there knows where to find the proper links.

Years ago when I had one on strap I remember saying that I suspected the bracelet would be too heavy and another member said although it is, it balances out the heavy SS watch head.
I finally got the chance to try this one and he was right. The watch is overall heavy but well balanced on bracelet and doesn’t seem to flop around as much compared to rubber.

So heavy, yes, but wears just fine.

If anyone knows if these AliExpress 4.5mm links will work on a JF please let me know.

C$ 26.43 | end link Conversion Kit for man's JF AP royal-oak-offshore diver watch Connect watch case Bracelet Strap belt parts 15703
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mKrDDPa

C$ 27.27  33% Off | 4.5mm End link Conversion Kit for AP royal-oak-offshore strap Connectione watch case Bracelet for Audemars And Piguet watchband
https://a.aliexpress.com/_m0pcrkM