deju

UK members expect shipping delays Aug/Sept

deju

Just a heads up that Royal Mail will be staging 4 strike days over the next month (aug/sept) 

The confirmed dates so far are

Friday August 26 

Wednesday August 31 

Thursday September 8 

Friday September 9

Remember there will be backlogs and delays caused by this, so please be patient. 

• Like 1

GingerApple

Wow, you are one boring fucktard!

Philiusmaximus

This affect parcel force?

I could find out myself but I'd rather drag the conversation for gingerferret

GingerApple
19 minutes ago, Philiusmaximus said:

Fair enough. We may as well make use of his total lack of life to get him doing something vaguely useful.

BadPickle

DHgate footy shirts came today so all good here :thumbsup:

deju
1 hour ago, Philiusmaximus said:

Interesting question, glad you asked. 

Over 25 years in the making we’ve a long history as part of the Royal Mail Group, but in 1986 Royal Mail created a separate parcel function forming the foundations of the business we know today. In 1990 Royal Mail Parcels was rebranded to Parcelforce, along with a massive investment in IT and infrastructure with the introduction of online tracking and the construction our National and International sorting hubs. Then in 1998 the business was rebranded to Parcelforce Worldwide. The last decade has seen us move into the express parcels market with further investment in technology which enables us to provide our exceptional quality of service. In 2013 we continued investing in the future of our business, enabling us to further enhance our network with 12 new and improved depots. Along with building a brand new processing centre in the North West with industry leading technology; ensuring that we can continue to handle your parcels with greater speed and precision, so we are best placed to meet the rapid growth in demand within the express parcels market.

But to answer your question, 

I don’t know. 

• Like 1

allez
On 12/08/2022 at 10:55, deju said:

Just a heads up that Royal Mail will be staging 4 strike days over the next month (aug/sept) 

The confirmed dates so far are

Friday August 26 

Wednesday August 31 

Thursday September 8 

Friday September 9

Remember there will be backlogs and delays caused by this, so please be patient. 

Hi, I am expecting a watch from m2m here which was posted on Dec.14th in UK ( Eastleigh ).. Unfortunately status is since then " Accepted at Post Office / Sender preparing item "

If anybody has maybe more infos would be nice:)

Regards from Germany!

Edited by allez

deju

@allez how was it sent? (Pm me the tracking) 

I had things sent out next day 13/14th that took over a week to arrive. Stuck at “accepted at post office” right up to the day it was delivered.

• Like 1

Rokerite
37 minutes ago, allez said:

Hi, I am expecting a watch from m2m here which was posted on Dec.14th in UK ( Eastleigh ).. Unfortunately status is since then " Accepted at Post Office / Sender preparing item "

If anybody has maybe more infos would be nice:)

Regards from Germany!

I just received a Xmas card yesterday that was posted 12th December. It was only sent 6 miles away from my home. So almost a month to travel 6 miles, so fuck knows how long it will take to travel overseas.

• Like 1

Phoenixboy

my parcel from Moldova arrived in the uk on 28/11 and was delivered on the 28/12.

parcels rarely get lost, but sometimes you just got to wait it out.....

• Like 1

TanGo

I am wondering when this mess will end and when the delivery times will be the same ? 

@Rokerite, have you written a complaint for an overdue product due to Royal mail's fault?

Packages from Moldova usually took 3 to 8 days to reach England. Nothing has changed here in terms of shipping logistics....

I don't remember sending you anything in November , dear @Phoenixboy :)

Edited by TanGo

allez

Thanks to you both @deju @Rokerite

I hope it is going forward ..thought same, maybe just the tracking is stucked but parcel is on the way to Germany.. *fingerscrossed :fear:

Phoenixboy
1 hour ago, TanGo said:

I am wondering when this mess will end and when the delivery times will be the same ? 

@Rokerite, have you written a complaint for an overdue product due to Royal mail's fault?

Packages from Moldova usually took 3 to 8 days to reach England. Nothing has changed here in terms of shipping logistics....

No , it was from a watch builder called Alex, Kpoy on the Homage forum.

not his fault, just Royal Mail with a combination of strikes and christmas causing massive hold ups.

Rokerite
3 hours ago, TanGo said:

Pointless, as they will just say it is not their fault their workers are on strike :lol:

FudgyDocker

New stuff appears to be getting delivered in the proper timescales. I received a Special Delivery next day, and I sent a Tracked 24 that arrived next day just this week.

However, it's the backlog in mail centres that appears to be going nowhere. If you're unlucky enough to have stuff in that maelstrom, it's just a case of waiting it out, I think.

Phoenixboy
New stuff appears to be getting delivered in the proper timescales. I received a Special Delivery next day, and I sent a Tracked 24 that arrived next day just this week.

However, it's the backlog in mail centres that appears to be going nowhere. If you're unlucky enough to have stuff in that maelstrom, it's just a case of waiting it out, I think.

Royal Mail managers instruct the posties to prioritise the special deliveries etc, but standard tracked and international inbound stuff seems to be more of a problem, and has been backed up at Langley Hwdc.
Seems to be filtering through now though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

allez
[mention=20547]allez[/mention] how was it sent? (Pm me the tracking) 
I had things sent out next day 13/14th that took over a week to arrive. Stuck at “accepted at post office” right up to the day it was delivered.

It seems that its moving
I checked every day and today I see:

"Your item is now leaving the UK. More information will be available when it arrives in the destination country."
  • Like 1

deju
50 minutes ago, allez said:

It seems that its moving emoji3.pngemoji106.png
I checked every day and today I see:

"Your item is now leaving the UK. More information will be available when it arrives in the destination country."

Just got the notification on 17Track app! great news, its a brilliant watch with great back story  

• Like 1

APjumbo

I have never shipped from Canada to the UK.

Trying to find out if there is high risk.

From what I’ve read it seems to be straightforward as usual, no more than two watches per package and mark as low value. 
Is this still the case?

Thanks