BadApple

ADBLOCK BLOCK ON RWI

BadApple

Whilst RWG is my home I do like to play away a bit over on RWI BUT since the revamp (looks great chaps, well done) I get an annoying message to turn off my adblock every time I click on a page.

I turn it off but then the site becomes a mass of pop-ups and annoying intrusive adverts. Experience spoiled. And how the f**k does it know I was Googling electric bikes yesterday??? 

I appreciate that some sites are turning to this income generating method of operating sites but I had no idea RWI revamp was only done to bring this in.

For the love of God please don't do the same to our beloved RWG @trailboss99

826ee1bcc21174693233e1d40e5b2e47.png

612438f19143b6140d98faadfa732f9c.png

FudgyDocker

RWI has always had ads for non-supporters. Certainly, I've always had them on RWI, so nothing has changed there. Ad revenue will always help to keep a site running.

It knows what you've been looking at, because of website tracking in your browser. Just be grateful that it wasn't offering you 6" extra large butt plugs!

BadApple

I know what's coming then...... :) 

Philiusmaximus

Use a private browser and VPN.

GingerApple

Upgrade to VIP you freeloading twat. Electricity isn't free. Server hosting costs money. 

• Like 1

deju

I don't mind the ads, I find find them to be well tailored useful and informative, while supporting the forum.

BadPickle
34 minutes ago, deju said:

I don't mind the ads, I find find them to be well tailored useful and informative, while supporting the forum.

Nobhead

• Like 1

trailboss99

Ah, our advertising hasn't changed in a couple of years, you get just as many ads now as then but I didn't think we had popup ads enabled. 
We have also had the adblocker note for even longer. 

BadApple
Just now, trailboss99 said:

Ah, our advertising hasn't changed in a couple of years, you get just as many ads now as then but I didn't think we had popup ads enabled. 
We have also had the adblocker note for even longer. 

Weird then - definitely not there previously - I don't mind the ads as it gets rid of the adblocker note which is 100% new and stops you in your tracks as it is now interactive i.e. you have to close it....