Watchfanman

New Noob Question

Watchfanman

Hi all first post. Brand new to the hobby. Interested in purchasing my first rep. Could I ask if anyone knows which TD and or Factory would be a good spot to buy a TAG Heuer Carrera Calibre 17 Automatic Chronograph. Any help is greatly appreciated.

andy66

hi,I've not been about for a bit but still collecting.

that is probably the first question everyone asks,ha!I know you just want pointing where to go but to be honest,everyone has there own go to TD .your best bet is to do some reading,you'll be surprised how much you learn while searching.Start off in the tag section,look for some reviews on the model you want.it won't take long to find the TD you want to go with..

your tag will only be the start of it,wait till your sat with 50 plus watches scratching your head wondering at what point it turned into an obsession..

welcome and good hunting..

• Like 1

GenTLe

You mean one of these?

tag26.jpg

Not sure they have been repped at all.

Years ago I had a (rep) Gran Carrera like this:

15tahe510423.jpg

And it was a well made watch, with a 7750 inside, but I ended up selling it due to its massive weight of 270g...

And, after a quick search, I can confirm. The only one made was this: https://trustytimewatch88.io/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=41_210&products_id=5751 and it's LONG gone, as you can see from the date under the pictures "This product was added to our catalog on Tuesday 15 December, 2009."

Don't expect any watch older than 1 or 2 years to be still available.

OldeNoob

Hey WatchFanMan, I'm in a similar place to you. Joined yesterday.

After reading up, checking and double checking, I've placed my first order. I chose to go with Trusty Time Watches as the concensus was A+ from RWG and others.

Now I'm waiting!!! Tick, tick, tick...