Mobius Klein

Which Rep is this

Mobius Klein

Would love to hear your expert opinions regarding which factory's rep this is in Jenni Elle's comparison video.

Edited by Mobius Klein
grammar

tribefan

So basically, with the naked eye it's almost impossible to tell them apart.

• Like 1

Mobius Klein

Amazing likeness and a year old rep too.  Just taken delivery of my second Sub so will be ordering a Daytona soon.

Edited by Mobius Klein

Abe Fromen

With water proofability aside, what's the point in spending the money on gen when the reps are this good? 

• Like 1

Mobius Klein
31 minutes ago, Abe Fromen said:

With water proofability aside, what's the point in spending the money on gen when the reps are this good? 

Couldn't agree more.

GenTLe
7 hours ago, Mobius Klein said:

Would love to hear your expert opinions regarding which factory's rep this is in Jenni Elle's comparison video.

Considering the date of the video, probably a Noob one. Now the "Clean Factory" are probably even better.

• Like 1

Piccolo
6 hours ago, Abe Fromen said:

To be fair if you got a Daytona at retail there’s a lot of reasons…  

• Like 1

Abe Fromen
23 minutes ago, Piccolo said:

To be fair if you got a Daytona at retail there’s a lot of reasons…  

I'm pretty sure anyone who gets a SS Daytona at retail is for the expressed reason to flip at a profit. 

I've had a Daytona rep after lusting after one (gen or rep) for years and once on the wrist, found it underwhelming. Probably one of the most overrated watches around. 

Edited by Abe Fromen

fatarms

Noob.  Bold font up top and bright red Daytona at the bottom.  Subdial at 6 has the wobbly looking 60 where the number 6 contours with the curve of the subdial.  On the others including the gen, the 60 is straight across.  Hour markers at 3, 6, and 9 have the thin metal outline as well instead of the thicker metal surrounds.

• Like 1

fatarms
6 hours ago, Abe Fromen said:

I have the black dial I got via m2m over at RWI.  I had it serviced by Michal from WatchServicesNY (trusted watchsmith over at RWI, not here).  I had no choice as it arrived DOA.  He did the whole movement service and waterproofed it somehow to 10 bar.  It was pricy, $350 and even with that waterproofing, this thing is never going near a pool.

• Like 1

tribefan
5 minutes ago, fatarms said:

I have the black dial I got via m2m over at RWI.  I had it serviced by Michal from WatchServicesNY (trusted watchsmith over at RWI, not here).  I had no choice as it arrived DOA.  He did the whole movement service and waterproofed it somehow to 10 bar.  It was pricy, $350 and even with that waterproofing, this thing is never going near a pool.

Did he say what was wrong with it?

Piccolo
1 hour ago, Abe Fromen said:

I'm pretty sure anyone who gets a SS Daytona at retail is for the expressed reason to flip at a profit. 

I've had a Daytona rep after lusting after one (gen or rep) for years and once on the wrist, found it underwhelming. Probably one of the most overrated watches around. 

I was the opposite, never really understood the appeal until in a week I borrowed a friends Platona, and then a solid RG. Both felt special. 
Not everyone flips after buying at retail.  The inflated secondary market prices definitely over hype what they are, but at rrp they’re a solid everyday watch. 

• Like 1

fatarms
1 hour ago, tribefan said:

Did he say what was wrong with it?

Never did.  Basically, I could wind it and it was winding and holding so not a click spring issue.  I could move the balance freely and it would oscillate and move the second hand, even just blowing on it made it move so it was definitely free.  So the issue seemed to be somewhere between the mainspring and the escapement somewhere.  The stored power in the mainspring didn't go anywhere.  It was definitely running in the m2m pics so it got messed up somewhere in transit.   Came from India, so half a planet is plenty of distance for something to happen. 

Mobius Klein
3 hours ago, GenTLe said:

Considering the date of the video, probably a Noob one. Now the "Clean Factory" are probably even better.

That's music to my (Daytona aspiring) ears.

tompa_k

Its a noob.
Now we have clean and BTF. Same movment as noob But better case/bezel/hands etc..

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

unlimited__one

She will go mad if she gets Clean in hands ))