Scottyren

New member/ Central Illinois

Scottyren

Hey everyone- I’m new here. Definitely interested in picking up an Omega Seamaster or Rolex GMT Batgirl at some point in the next year. I’m reading up on all the TDS and movements here and on r/reptime.  

Devil
22 minutes ago, Scottyren said:

Hey everyone- I’m new here. Definitely interested in picking up an Omega Seamaster or Rolex GMT Batgirl at some point in the next year. I’m reading up on all the TDS and movements here and on r/reptime.  

Welcome, do a lot of research before making your first purchase, but can't go wrong with a VSF Seamaster or Clean Batgirl :) 

tribefan
1 hour ago, Scottyren said:

Welcome aboard. You are doing the right thing researching GMT movements. There are different manufacturers for those chinese clone movements, VR are generally considered the best. If you go with a non-clone movement, you will save some $$ but some of those movements are known to have problems. This is one model where the research can really pay off. And Devil is right, VSF for Omega and Clean for Rolex is hard to beat.

Scottyren

Great, thanks for the advice. It is much appreciated!!

Tommy Sky
On 29/08/2022 at 01:46, tribefan said:

Welcome aboard. You are doing the right thing researching GMT movements. There are different manufacturers for those chinese clone movements, VR are generally considered the best. If you go with a non-clone movement, you will save some $$ but some of those movements are known to have problems. This is one model where the research can really pay off. And Devil is right, VSF for Omega and Clean for Rolex is hard to beat.

This is the information I - as a noobie - was looking for as well. Planning to buy a GMT Master II and was kinda confused which movement to go for. Thanx!