GenTLe

Decisions decisions...

GenTLe

So, I've the tickle to get a new piece... And I'm in doubt between 2 very different ones, after a good selection.

One is more of an aviation watch, one a funky diver.

One is a super rep, the other isn't clear (Trusty reports thickness of 8.5mm, InTime of 10.7mm, the gen is 8.53mm).

One is this:

5226G_001_5.jpg

The other is this:

breitling-superocean-heritage-57-limited

About the 2nd I like it more in blue, but I've already this one below and it will be redundant. Plus the black one upper, on a leather strap, enhance in my view its presence:

24937135-pw0ottw72sropk56drr6k734-Large.

I asked Mary to find out the real patek rep thickness to help me in decision, but I suppose it's the 10.7mm, which is 2mm more than the gen, a bit too much... 'cause the movement is a 9015 (which is 3.9mm instead of the 3.3 of the Patek, and on top of it those reppers put a fake plate too (another 1.5mm?))...

On the converse I also have an older 45mm SOH black (with a surprisingly precise A2824), which I'll put here for sale, because if I'll get the breitling, that one will be redundant too...

What do you think about the 2 above options?

Cheers, Alex - GenTLe

• Like 1

Aramis2288

I think that when facing the "should I buy this watch over that watch" dilemma, there is only one right decision - buy both.

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk

• Like 1

GenTLe
1 hour ago, Aramis2288 said:

I think that when facing the "should I buy this watch over that watch" dilemma, there is only one right decision - buy both. emoji846.png

Not financially viable now :)

NCRich

I like the look of the Patek.  But the elegance of it would be the slimness.  So that thickness is a turnoff.

The other one.......well its not my cup of tea.

deju

Hands down the Patek, thats very cool.  

• Like 1

SteveA

The Brietling  is an abomination,Patek ok.But your blue Briet is lovely 

Khronos

Do you have the lifestyle to match the PP? It's all about the context mate... ;)

GingerApple

The Patek is dull us fuck. The dial looks like something off a Spinnaker, which is fine if you're paying Spinnaker prices, less so if you're paying quality rep prices (and imagined if you paid Gen price for a Spinnaker dial lol). Breitling is awesome, real standout.

Abe Fromen

Between the two, I'd go Patek. It's like an anti-patek, Patek. Sporty, vintage looking, perfect with weekend casual. 

The other would be perfect to wear on Pride Week, not that there's anything wrong with that. :)

Edited by Abe Fromen

GenTLe

Thanks to all guys.

I ended up with the Breit. For 2 reasons: 1) I like it, 2) it's a super rep. The Patek is nice too, but at 10.7mm i would find it a tad too thick. I can't get why they put these stupid plates on top of movements... If they used the 9015 as it is, it would have been less than 9mm and it was perfectly fine!

And I want to sell my 45mm SOH which is a bit too big right now...

• Like 3

TonyStarkIM

The first one is really nice, is the second one suppose to be a "Pride" watch or just rainbow?

DylanObrien

Oh, I totally get you—making decisions can be tough, especially when you have several awesome options in front of you. So, about those watches, I'm leaning towards the second option in black. It's got that funky diver vibe that could add some serious flair to your collection, you know?
But hey, if you're still feeling torn, why not add some excitement to the process? I've been in similar spots before, and when I can't decide, I use this nifty coin flip generator at https://flipsimu.com/. It's like leaving it up to fate and letting the universe make the call—pretty cool, right?
Ultimately, go with what speaks to your heart and complements your style. After all, a watch is more than just a timepiece—it's an expression of who you are!

Edited by DylanObrien

GingerApple

I know Italians can procrastinate, but even Gentle can make a decision in 10 months.

• Like 1

Philiusmaximus

I bet he bought a Hamilton pilot. After all that Patek clearly ripped off Hamilton in their design...

• Like 1

GenTLe
20 hours ago, GingerHuw said:

I know Italians can procrastinate, but even Gentle can make a decision in 10 months.

20 hours ago, Philiusmaximus said:

I bet he bought a Hamilton pilot. After all that Patek clearly ripped off Hamilton in their design...

How do you think it ended? I bought ALL of them :D:D

The Patek is the PPF version (loud rotor, but best of the lot), the others can't recall but they are all very good ones :)

• Like 1

Michel78

the PP look like the longines spririt, or the other way, not sure