Sign in to follow this  
JohnG

RWG1: Who makes custom sapphire crystals?

JohnG

Thinking of putting sapphire into the Seiko BFS I plan on buying, somewhere I read a while ago (at RWG.cc I think) about someone or somewhere you can get sapphire crystals made to order. Anyone know who or where to get this done, about how much.

No, haven't searched yet, just wondering if anyone knows offhand before I do a lot of looking.

JohnG

Thanks, not there. It is a 36mm crystal (Hardlex) which I am thinking of replacing with AR'd sapphire, thicker than gen. Gonna customize this baby all the way, lume, custom crystal, Gorilla strap....

I will search at RWG.cc - see what pops up.

JohnG

Thanks for trying man, still nothing.... I am still searching, found a couple of places that do it, but over a hundred bucks... not really worth that. Or maybe it is, don't know. I wanted a thicker sappire cystal stand a little above bezel, but if I AR it, will you reall notice? Not sure...

JohnG
Gary might be able to help you.

Clark Warch Parts

[email protected]

Thanks bud!

Now what are we going to do about that power hungry admin guy trying to tell us what to do in OUR OWN FORUM!!!???

onzenuub

Clark Warch Parts

[email protected]

Thanks bud!

Now what are we going to do about that power hungry admin guy trying to tell us what to do in OUR OWN FORUM!!!???

He is yours, I will take care of his lovely wife. :huh:

JohnG

Clark Warch Parts

[email protected]

Thanks bud!

Yes, she will need someone to look after her. Hubby might suddenly disappear mysteriously.

onzenuub

Clark Warch Parts

[email protected]

Thanks bud!

Yes, she will need someone to look after her. Hubby might suddenly disappear mysteriously.

No worries for the mrs.

JoeyB

Clark Warch Parts

[email protected]

Thanks bud!

It's no problem. I volunteered our services. :huh:

JohnG

Hmmmmm.....

Strange, I seem to remember somebody once saying something along the lines of "I don't read JohnG posts/threads"..... yet I keep seeing this shit at the bottom of my threads:

Dibujo-9.jpg

JoeyB

I just got this:

2 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

2 Members: JoeyB, offshore

Who is 'offshore' and why is it in italics?

offshore

John,

GS do custom sapphire, but unfortunately they have a minimum of 20 pieces-

http://www.gssupplies.com/custom_watch.html

May be worth having a chat with Sternkreuz in Germany, they may be able to assist, as they already have the dimensions for that crystal, as they do an aftermarket Hardlex/Saphlex.

I can cut it in MG, but don't have access to sapphire blanks.

Offshore

offshore

Keep firing the shots boys!

But wonder why you receive little assistance when needed.

O/S

JohnG

Thanks for the info on GS/Sternkreuz. I knew about the minimum quantities but not that they do that cyrstal and might have one aftermarket in stock.

In spite of rant above, I do appreciate help. When people are nice to me, I am generally pretty nice back. When they make all kinds of snide comments about my threads, how if they see them at the top of the page they just log off, and then start SHOWING UP in them, well, I am me and this is RWG1.1.

As to the forum getting assistance (or not) because Greg doesn't keep me on a leash, this place was built on the premise of that we don't censor members unless their comments are racist or not safe for work. That's pretty much it. So insinuating that an entire forum will be punished because of the actions of one member is, to put it lightly, kind of fucked up. We don't try to tell others how to run their forums, despite our obvious differences of opinion... why do others feel the need to come over here and try to get us to self-censor?

Isn't it enough you lobbied to keep me off RWG.cc?