Theonewatches

Seamaster 300 Blue: A comprehensive comparison of GEN, VS, OR, ZF and AG

Theonewatches

Overall comparison of Omega Seamaster 300m blue dial GEN, VS, OR, AG and ZF

Hello friends, this is Steve. I’m come back.

I have done a lot of comparison posts about the most popular Rolex models. We guess you guys may tired of reading it. For a change of pace this time, let's see how well the major factories have done with the Seamaster 300 Blue dial.

Without further bullshit, let's get straight to it!

ed66d24f.jpg

c1790832.jpg

Dial Front View

In terms of color, VS and ZF are the closest to GEN, AG is not bad, OR is the most obvious, too dark!
852fedf1.jpg

23058b25.jpg

bezel view

All factories’ bezels are well polished, and the shape and smoothness of the sides are about the same! OR's bezel is better polished.

As far as the rotating feel is concerned, the VS’s is the most comfortable. Like the GEN, it is relatively loose to rotate. The sound is too loud is the only defect. OR, ZF, AG are all too tight to rotate!
89e3b84d.jpg

20ff5026.jpg

1e68e2f6.jpg

7b8c23a2.jpg

9101b330.jpg

a979a7f8.jpg

Detailed Engraving View

The enamel engraving process used by GEN is almost flat and has no ranges visually! There is no problem with what the rep factories do!

In terms of fonts, VS and ZF do better, OR is a bit thicker, and the flatness of AG edges is relatively poor!
30877a53.jpg

06b10650.jpg

Night Pearl Triangle View

The enamel engraving process used by GEN is almost flat and has no ranges visually! There is no problem with what the rep factories do!

In terms of fonts, VS and ZF do better, OR is a bit thicker, and the flatness of AG edges is relatively poor!
ccecc469.jpg

9e0f7ad7.jpg

glass view

Overall, the crystal surface of ZF is better, and the secondary treatment of glass is done on the side. AG's glass surface is low.
f3049e03.jpg

effdfe49.jpg

15fcc440.jpg

90840045.jpg

Stick view

The overall polishing of the scale is not bad, but the GEN’s dot time scale is flat, and the factories’ seem to be too round!

The double sticks at 12 o’clock are not very neatly arranged in all factories!
1f2126f2.jpg

Hand Luminous Filled View

The luminous light of the hands are made grainy in all factories which are not much difference.

Looking at the dot stick from this perspective, the factories’ are indeed too full, and the OR is obviously yellowish in color!

36d5a2c0.jpg

3262f9dd.jpg

Oil Font behind 12:00 Stick View

VS is also not bad. The best thing ZF does is the shape and flatness of the font. The downside is that the red SEAMASTER is darker, and the color closest to GEN is the OR factory.

a16081da.jpg

690b0d56.jpg

5c9bf569.jpg

b6d90adc.jpg

Oil Font behind 6:00 Stick View

On the whole, the OR factory is slightly worse. The letter A above the calendar window is the most obvious place. The skeleton part in the middle is made into a circle!

400c8647.jpg

e10b2d68.jpg

4cd2a424.jpg

Hand view

The GEN middle axle is solid, but all the factories are skeleton. VS’s and ZF's external leakage cylinders are better in shape, protruding like GEN, and very flat!

6997ba54.jpg

0ee30c42.jpg

Panel Wave Notch View

The depth of the notch is not bad in all factories. In terms of color, GEN is dark gray. Through physical observation, VS, ZF, AG are very close, and the graininess of the OR pattern is too strong!

8886a01b.jpg

3aaee63e.jpg

Date Window View

The window shapes of VS, ZF, and AG have secondary processing of beveled edges, while OR does not.

And only VS and ZF are correct for date fonts. GEN's font 20 is narrow at the top and wide at the bottom.

The upper part of the number is leaning towards the middle, and the lower part is inclined towards the outer edge (the same is true for 10 and 30, and the date after many days is this shape.

b1864380.jpg

dd4a737d.jpg

459be9f2.jpg

Case Side View

There's nothing wrong with the shape of the case.

The shape of the upper part of the letter E of GEN's exhaust valve is an arched curved corner, and the factories’ are a bit square!

GEN's crown and exhaust valve are chamfered with circular arcs, which looks like a layered slide. All factories have noticed this detail, but VS and ZF are better at arc angle grinding.

a759b7eb.jpg

f948cdff.jpg

Thick Bottom Cover View

GEN's rear bottom cover has a very fine chamfered edge, VS and ZF have noticed it and have chamfered it, while OR and AG feel almost no treatment.

2e6cb69e.jpg

e54386c2.jpg

70e76715.jpg

Engraved view of lugs

The VS logo graphic is thinner.

In terms of lettering, the factories all use different lettering processes, so there will be some gaps, but the overall shape can still be seen clearly.

c05f48b7.jpg

325b22b7.jpg

6fcacfeb.jpg

3102095a.jpg

1219dbd6.jpg

02cb17bf.jpg

a454a7f6.jpg

08c27cc1.jpg

437f4df3.jpg

02cb17bf.jpg

17fbfeba.jpg

Strap Detail View

60e5204b.jpg

Lume View

GEN's sticks lume is more green, the factory's is more blue. The color is still different.

9376a498.jpg

a8f42572.jpg

Movement View

All factory movements use Seagull 2824 to imitate the 8800 SMD movement.

The structure of the four factories is slightly different. OR, ZF use fewer patches and more similar with GEN

The most obvious place for VS is the lack of a screw on the balance wheel.

In terms of polishing, OR and ZF are better, and in terms of gem color, OR is closer to GE

6c0aa7ed.jpg

Data Comparison

Illustrate: All watches are in a clamped state, and there may be precision due to the slight deviation of the caliper position. GEN and factories have steel tape protective films.

Well, today's post is here, thank you guys for watching. If there are any mistakes, please correct me.

If there is anything else I overlooked, you can put it up, and I will try my best to do it. Complementary and comprehensive, welcome to comment and exchange!

(Illustrate: Some photos deviate from the real object due to the problem of the light source. The details are mainly written in text. The size of the comparison picture is relatively large. You can download it and enlarge it for comparison.)

Edited by Theonewatches
  • Like 14

pielover74

Thank you for the detailed breakdown! This was phenomenal 

tribefan

Thanks Steve for taking the time to educate your clients! Awesome review. Looks like ZF and AG are legit VS contenders.

• Like 1

Simonix

This needs to be a sticky!

great thread Steve. 

Simonix

zrhsHo.jpgI do love my ORF…

• Like 3

Matze71

Great work!

Can this be transferred 1:1 to versions with a different dial color? Or are there then other differences on the table?

Mr_B
2 hours ago, Theonewatches said:

Hello everyone, this is Steve and I'm coming again.

:giggle:

pbwatch

My ZF on an ORF bracelet which has been on my wrist everyday for 2 months and running perfect. Definitely the best combo having had all the others in my humble opinion.
b1a3b9d09760327cfc5c8917576926fd.jpg

tribefan
16 minutes ago, pbwatch said:

My ZF on an ORF bracelet which has been on my wrist everyday for 2 months and running perfect. Definitely the best combo having had all the others in my humble opinion.

Yeah, but who wound up with the ORF on the ZF bracelet is the real question.......

• Like 3

Philiusmaximus

Is this the end of the VSF hysteria. It's the worst version in almost every crucial way.

• Like 2

pbwatch
Yeah, but who wound up with the ORF on the ZF bracelet is the real question.......

Lol. No one as I have the ZF strap here still wrapped up and bought

the ORF bracelet separately. :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Aramis2288

Amazing post!

I wonder how the white dial versions compare against each other. I have the VSF version and my biggest issue with it are the yellowish hour markers. This color difference is quite visible on a snow-white dial. I wonder whether the ZF factory made a better rep...

pbwatch
Amazing post!
I wonder how the white dial versions compare against each other. I have the VSF version and my biggest issue with it are the yellowish hour markers. This color difference is quite visible on a snow-white dial. I wonder whether the ZF factory made a better rep...

Yes ZF did make a better job of the white dial. Some guys already have it and commented on the better red script and white markers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Darkstar5

For anyone hoping to make a franken with the best parts from each: ORF bracelet fits on the ZF. VSF bezel however does not (wanted the better scallops). 

I also prefer the hands on the VSF so I'll try swapping onto the ZF movement this weekend. The ZF hand lume is just a bit dull and doesn't match the rest of the lume.

wildchild696

Has anyone had a chance to compare the VSF and ZF versions of the black face version? I'm particularly interested in clarifying comments that I have read about the colour of the "seamaster" logo. Also are both movements unidirectional/noisy still? Bracelet unimportant, will go for the rubber strap. Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

wildchild696

Forgot to say, amazing review btw, thanks so much for taking the time and effort Steve!

Ilikewaches

IMO VSF is the way to go. ORF removes one of the reversing wheels and puts a hole and click spring in the other reversing wheel in order to fit their deco plate.  This means it only winds in one direction and is more prone to failure. It also means that swapping in a new movement is very difficult because the deco plates will not fit over a movement without this modification.

I'd rather have the VSF deco which allows for a direct swap of the movement while retaining the deco plates.

Hazey82

Hi All, Anyone know if the grey dial is as good as this blue and even the black? When i compare the hands to the Gen they are pretty damm good, My concern is from what I have seen of the blue hands on some images they can look a bit washed out and colour is not completly even or missing in edges/tips. This one of the VSF from Geek Time looks ok..

DSC_88571-2048x1366.jpg

This one from Trusty not so much..

https://trustytimewatch88.io/images/OMEGA7/OMG0691_08.jpg

Edited by Hazey82

Chainen

Thanks Steve.  I really appreciate the detailed break down.  As a new member, I am still learning what details to look for when selecting a factory.  I sort of lucked into the VS Submariner as my first purchase, but this type of information will be really helpful for my next purchase.  

Bunny

Such a comprehensive and detailed breakdown. Thank you for your work!

andy66

I'm amazed at the detailed comparisons.

It's one thing to be told or to read the differences but to have visual side by side comparisons makes such a difference.

Thank you for putting the time in to do this.

Andy

itsbigmal

Just taken delivery of Black OR factory and wonder before I mess it up can I take a link out? Just don't want to attempt if the screws on the bracelet are fixed just for show.

Many Thanks

Malcolm

Wires
57 minutes ago, itsbigmal said:

Just taken delivery of Black OR factory and wonder before I mess it up can I take a link out? Just don't want to attempt if the screws on the bracelet are fixed just for show.

Many Thanks

Malcolm

Unscrew the link on both sides then poke out the pin if it doesn’t fall out, do the same with another link to make the bracelet shorter then put back together try to use a good size/quality screwdriver it’s really easy on this type of bracelet 

• Like 1

itsbigmal

All Done, thanks for the tips.

Giando

Hi orf have silent rotor? Or that have same as all replica a noisy rotor?