Sign in to follow this  
Distinct

Asia 4813 should be 28,800 right?

Distinct

Any quality opinions (not looking for style opinions) on this?

http://www.timeshops.net/product.php?id_product=9970

I did some searching here and there was some feedback that some dealers "redefine" what the Asian 4813 should be and someone received a watch that is beating at 21,600. This timeshops offering seems pretty accurate to me and the price is not that expensive. The date doesn't appear too sunken in either. Has the round date window.

Thanks.

greg_r

A 4813 should be 28,800 yes, but I've come across instances where the factory has specified the high-beat in their descriptions, run out of stock and therefore fitted a low-beat 21J instead.

4813s are scarce at the moment, so I wouldn't be optimistic. My advice is always that if you want a high-beat movement, go the asian clone eta route - the 4813 always looks jerkier than it should anyhow as - unlike all the more expensive options - the second hand isn't 'direct drive'.

Other than that: in general the B&R's are good reps and that's a nice looking 03 :thumbsup2: . The case is a fraction thicker than the gen but otherwise they're pretty damn close to the real thing. Date window should be fine - sunken date isn't an issue with these models. Lume is the weak point as usual.

FWIW I have a BR02 with a 4813 - it's a very nice watch, but if I were to buy another I'd definitely go for the clone eta route next time.

Distinct
A 4813 should be 28,800 yes, but I've come across instances where the factory has specified the high-beat in their descriptions, run out of stock and therefore fitted a low-beat 21J instead.

4813s are scarce at the moment, so I wouldn't be optimistic. My advice is always that if you want a high-beat movement, go the asian clone eta route - the 4813 always looks jerkier than it should anyhow as - unlike all the more expensive options - the second hand isn't 'direct drive'.

Other than that - in general the B&R's are good reps - and that's a nice looking 03 :) . The case is a fraction thicker than the gen but otherwise they're pretty damn close to the real thing. Date window should be fine - sunken date isn't an issue with these models. Lume is the weak point as usual.

FWIW I have a BR02 with a 4813 - it's a very nice watch, but if I were to buy another I'd definitely go for the clone eta route next time.

Thank you very much! Can you recommend a Trusted Dealer for exactly what you're recommending? I asked Robert and he said that he's not a big supplier of Bell & Ross. Mary hasn't replied to me in a few days.

How can I go about becoming VIP Supporter? Your response is a great example of why this site deserves my money.

greg_r

Mary's pretty good with the B&Rs (I have a BR01 incoming from her right now, in fact). Drop her another email - maybe she's missed your first one. MReplica would be a good choice too.

Most of the other dealers can supply B&R (including Timesshops, Josh etc), but you'll get better QC with Mary or MReplica.

I'll PM you with VIP upgrade info :)