ACC

Advice or experience for first rep - PAM156 Luminor GMT Regatta

ACC

I think I'm about to buy my first rep from Perfect Clones!

It's a PAM156 Regatta. Anyone have experience with this rep? Joshua from pfc says its one of the last remaining H Factory holy grails. Off the bat I'm not sure if the case is polished like the original or if there were variations that had a brushed case. Seems like originally there were only 300 produced in May 2002 to commemorate the Laureus Regatta held in Monaco. Also read GMT hand may be 12hr not 24hr in some versions. Need to check on that.

Appreciate any advice or experience!

https://www.pfc8188.com/watches/panerai/luminor-automatic-gmt/0-0-0-pn156e08-pam-156-e-series-luminor-gmt-ss-le-black-a-7750-genuine-croc-strap.html

https://www.panerai.com/us/en/collections/special-editions-archive/2002/pam00156-luminor-gmt-regatta-2002---44mm.html

1_14_2232.jpg

ACC

Just heard back from Joshua, case is fully polished as original. He seems very responsive.

BadApple
4 hours ago, ACC said:

Just heard back from Joshua, case is fully polished as original. He seems very responsive.

Be careful. Very Careful. 

I've sent you a PM 

• Like 2

Mystery Shopper

Perfect Clones have had some negative feedback recently. I'd check their feedback section first.

• Like 1

Simonix

The panerai 156 rep was discontinued a long time ago.

If a TD says he has in stock, I would be amazed!

I have had it before where I bought a rep from a TD, only to find "no longer in stock from factory". Rather than have a refund, I was instructed to "choose something else".

Note: this was n't frm Perfect Clones, but I know this seems to be fairly common practise after speaking with others in the same boat.

• Like 2

Phoenixboy
I think I'm about to buy my first rep from Perfect Clones!
It's a PAM156 Regatta. Anyone have experience with this rep? Joshua from pfc says its one of the last remaining H Factory holy grails. Off the bat I'm not sure if the case is polished like the original or if there were variations that had a brushed case. Seems like originally there were only 300 produced in May 2002 to commemorate the Laureus Regatta held in Monaco. Also read GMT hand may be 12hr not 24hr in some versions. Need to check on that.
Appreciate any advice or experience!
https://www.pfc8188.com/watches/panerai/luminor-automatic-gmt/0-0-0-pn156e08-pam-156-e-series-luminor-gmt-ss-le-black-a-7750-genuine-croc-strap.html
https://www.panerai.com/us/en/collections/special-editions-archive/2002/pam00156-luminor-gmt-regatta-2002---44mm.html
1_14_2232.jpg

As has been advised, I’d take most of what’s on his site with a pinch of salt.
He’s even showing the 064 as in stock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ACC

Thanks for the feedback. Realizing I prefer to the PAM088 and trying to track down a high quality representation.  If you have one you want to part with...dm me.

Mystery Shopper
2 hours ago, ACC said:

Thanks for the feedback. Realizing I prefer to the PAM088 and trying to track down a high quality representation.  If you have one you want to part with...dm me.

• Like 1

unlimited__one
On 06/10/2022 at 10:24, Phoenixboy said:

As has been advised, I’d take most of what’s on his site with a pinch of salt.
He’s even showing the 064 as in stockemoji15.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's just impossible to get it from a TD, only M2M with great luck! 

GenTLe
On 06/10/2022 at 07:57, BadApple said:

Be careful. Very Careful. 

I've sent you a PM 

I'd double on this! H-Factory isn't around from AT LEAST 6 years...

GenTLe
On 07/10/2022 at 01:17, ACC said:

Not really good ones around now.

Do a favor to yourself, go to track down the watches you like on TrustyTime's website, at tha bottom of each watch page, below the pictures, there's a line of text telling when the watch was added to the catalogue.

Forget ANYTHING That is more than 2 years old. They are in the 90% not available anymore, or at least not from the mentioned factory.

• Like 1

APjumbo

Unless this model or the 088 is your most desired one, I would say you should consider a non GMT (bit more reliable) and possibly a non cyclops ( I personally haven’t seen a good panerai cyclops)

Just some food for thought.

If it was my first panerai and I wanted to be blown away by the quality I would probably look for a 111 or 127 or something.

GenTLe
43 minutes ago, APjumbo said:

If it was my first panerai and I wanted to be blown away by the quality I would probably look for a 111 or 127 or something.

Or one of the latest VSF which are gorgeous too

• Like 1

APjumbo

Yup, a VS factory, and I would lean toward the 3 digit reference over the newer 4 digit ones. 

Like a 312 or 359.

but the 1055, 389, 438 and 683 look nice too.

I like using Jtimes site as a reference as you can sort by brand and then manufacture (factory)

https://jtime.io/us/brands.html?cat=58&manufacturer=27&p=4

Edited by APjumbo
  • Like 1

WoundUp

I've purchased several watches from Joshua and have never had an issue. he's actually the most responsive Dealer I've worked with. Been a while since I last bought a watch, so I hope they haven't taken a turn for the worse.

Here's the 156 I bought from him a while ago - I think its a beautiful watch:

IMG_2597.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=

Edited by WoundUp