Sign in to follow this  
WatchMe007

Basic PAM from $200 to $2000

WatchMe007

What to do, what to do?

Mary has a nice PAM 112 for around $250. Then there are the basic looking, beautifully modded basic PAMs that are $800 or $900. And still other hit the $1500 mark or more.

A gen PAM 112 can be had for $4200.

I am oh so very confused. My PAM 236k was less than $400 and it I get as much pleasure out of it as a $10,000 gen watch. I would happily take it off and hand it to a PAM owner to let them look at it.

I have spent up to $800 on a rep and I am very pleased with the movement etc.

What if I wanted to get a base watch, then send it to the mod experts to be certain I am getting what I want?

I want gen look and feel. Something I can take off and hand to all but an AD and have it pass "the test".

Rambling over.

Member X

Have you bought a new H-factory PAM yet?

They are damn nice, and if you can secure an 005 when they come out again (with a closed caseback) I doubt anyone would ever call you out.

houndoggie

Pam 005k or Pam 176m. At this point those modded Pams are not worth the money anymore.

Member X
At this point those modded Pams are not worth the money anymore.

I agree.

I feel bad for the guys who have spent loads on modding with Little Hero and other parts, but the new PAMs are a step above anything before, it seems, and with a decent movement sorted out (rather than the slightly unreliable low-beat they are using at the facory), you would be hard-pressed to call them out as rep.

And I believe I read somewhere that someone had one of them WR tested to 20 atmospheres and it passed!!

JohnG
At this point those modded Pams are not worth the money anymore.

I agree.

I feel bad for the guys who have spent loads on modding with Little Hero and other parts, but the new PAMs are a step above anything before, it seems, and with a decent movement sorted out (rather than the slightly unreliable low-beat they are using at the facory), you would be hard-pressed to call them out as rep.

Like the vintage VDB's that people paid thousands for - now you can get the parts to make one that is quite a bit better for $500 (if you have a solid cb). The casebacks, dials, cgs, plexis, etc... they are ALL better than anything that could be had from him, and for a fraction of the cost.....

Member X

I guess it's like any industry - early adopters always pay more! lol