rekindle

Possibility of buying a Clean Factory Panda Daytona in GZ?

rekindle

Hi All,

I will be visiting GZ in a few months (hopefully after the lockdowns end) and was wondering about the possibility of purchasing a Clean Factory Daytona 116500LN in  person with the addition of one or two more watches?

I am a tiny bit hesitant purchasing online due to customs as I feel as New Zealand/Australian customs may be difficult to get through.  I am aware that TD's (considering going through Jtime or theonewatches) offer to send replacements in the event it is seized by customs. But does triangulation occur in every purchase? 

I have tried searching the forum for these answers but couldn't find anything specific to NZ/Aus or updated information regarding triangulation/purchasing in person.

Thanks,

Rekindle

Edited by rekindle

FudgyDocker

If you buy direct in Guangzhou, how do you know that you will get what you're asking for? If seizure in AUS/NZ customs was such a massive problem, don't you think that there would be a shit ton of "My watch got seized" posts from our many many members from there?

tribefan

None of the TD's are going to meet you in person or give you their sources so you would be on your own. Never been to GZ, but I have been to the markets in SGP and HK and unless you know what you are doing, ie have local connections,  chances are 100% you will get ripped off.

rekindle
38 minutes ago, FudgyDocker said:

If you buy direct in Guangzhou, how do you know that you will get what you're asking for? If seizure in AUS/NZ customs was such a massive problem, don't you think that there would be a shit ton of "My watch got seized" posts from our many many members from there?

i have some connections in GZ but I am unaware if they would know where to get specific high quality clones compared to the more generic reps. In addition, i wouldn't really be able to tell a CF from a CF duplicate with stickers on it unless there are some glaring errors. That would definitely be true, in that instance, I will purchase the clones via a TD. Thank you!

19 minutes ago, tribefan said:

None of the TD's are going to meet you in person or give you their sources so you would be on your own. Never been to GZ, but I have been to the markets in SGP and HK and unless you know what you are doing, ie have local connections,  chances are 100% you will get ripped off.

I have some local connections but they probably would only be able to direct me to the generic rep watch market rather than sourcing a CF clone. In that instance, I will purchase the clones via a TD. Thank you! 

Mystery Shopper

I haven't heard of a single watch purchase (single as in don't buy 5 at once) seized by Australian or NZ customs in a decade. 

I went watch shopping in Vietnam a few years ago, much run around & not worth it in the end. I suspect GZ is the same- unless you know somebody locally you could be in for hours of hassle.

Read our TD feedback carefully (one has very average feedback atm) before purchase.

shyreplover

Years ago I ordered from a TD, paid, then ask him to wait until I arrived in GZ and have a hotel room number.  I informed him of my address in the morning and in the afternoon it was in the front desk.

There is this famous watch market in GZ, like 2 8-story building not to mention the surrounding area. I'd rather spend my limited time elsewhere.

rekindle
7 hours ago, Mystery Shopper said:

I haven't heard of a single watch purchase (single as in don't buy 5 at once) seized by Australian or NZ customs in a decade. 

I went watch shopping in Vietnam a few years ago, much run around & not worth it in the end. I suspect GZ is the same- unless you know somebody locally you could be in for hours of hassle.

Read our TD feedback carefully (one has very average feedback atm) before purchase.

I think I will only be purchasing a rep every once in a while rather than buying multiple and shipping them, so this shouldn't be an issue.  Are you aware if triangulation occurs for NZ/Aus or is it a direct ship?

Hmmm looks like I am going to be going to get the Daytona shipped in that instance through a TD. 

Also, apologies for the question but where is the TD feedback? I am aware of the TD list but was unable to find the TD feedback.

rekindle
5 hours ago, shyreplover said:

Years ago I ordered from a TD, paid, then ask him to wait until I arrived in GZ and have a hotel room number.  I informed him of my address in the morning and in the afternoon it was in the front desk.

There is this famous watch market in GZ, like 2 8-story building not to mention the surrounding area. I'd rather spend my limited time elsewhere.

Interesting, this could be an option but it honestly seems like a trip to China is a long time away with the current restrictions. But I will keep this in mind for when I eventually do go.

If I am not mistaken, these are low quality reps? But any way, I think the TD route is the way to go than haggle and get a knockoff of a CF

Mystery Shopper
1 hour ago, rekindle said:

I think I will only be purchasing a rep every once in a while rather than buying multiple and shipping them, so this shouldn't be an issue.  Are you aware if triangulation occurs for NZ/Aus or is it a direct ship?

All mine have come direct. They only use triangulation shipping to countries where customs is an issue (some in Europe).

• Like 1

Michel78

I know GZ and it's market, but if you go there you won't get good price, people there are just seller, nothing really interesting except if you look for watches part or strap, all other thing are more expensive than online

BadPickle

T is for Trusted 

D is for Dealer

these TD's have been shipping reps for years and they really know their onions, any attempt to circumnavigate a well established formula is foolhardy in my opinion. Yeah so a parcel turns up at your hotel room? then what if it doesn't meet your high expectations? you gonna chase the postman down the street for a refund? i doubt it... 

my advice is stick to what you already know 

• Like 2