Sign in to follow this  
rollerlee

Pearl and new strap

rollerlee

Hi All

I bought this watch 8 years from Blk1234, it has a swiss ETA  2836-2 movement, it is an absolutely brilliant watch. The only problems I have are that I managed to knock off and lose the little pearl on the bezel and the strap has always been pretty crappy.

Firstly, is this the 116660 replica model? It has 21mm lugs.

Rather than fiddling about with trying to source and then attach a new pearl, would I be better to just replace the whole bezel insert, I have had a look at a few videos  and they seem like a pretty straight forward swap - can anyone recommend a good place to buy a replacement bezel? Is there something I should watch out for? Is matching the lume going to be tricky?

I would also like to put a rubber strap on the watch as I will use it a lot more with a rubber strap, Again any recommendation on a good rubber strap? 

I don't like the clasp on the existing watch as its very rough in its finish and its missing a link and has one of the pins glued in because it was threaded (as the photos show), is it possible to buy a decent quality rep replacement bracelet - maybe even one made of 904L steel if it looked the part I would definitely consider that too? 

https://clickpix.org/image/IMG-5244.zCSJlp
https://clickpix.org/image/IMG-5243.zCSxWb

As always, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Rokerite

Just replace the whole bezel insert as yours is cracked anyway. Keep looking on all the forums watch parts sales sections for a DSSD bezel insert or bracelet/rubber strap you may get lucky, or try DHGate or Aliexpress if not