Sign in to follow this  
MikeMcNair

anyone seen this DSSD yet?

MikeMcNair

http://kingshowbox.com/goods-5617.html

effing CRAZY!!!!!

why have i not seen this mvmnt yet in this? jealous = me.

5617_P_1278841555983.jpg

5617_P_1278841555448.jpg

ThinkBachs

This is a very nice version! Proper HEV location (slightly up Vs centered).

5617_P_1278841554192.jpg

"After much surfing and reading many highly technical texts and PDF files looking at the composition of 316L and 316F, my findings are that 316L contains less carbon and iron than 316F. Both contain the same amount of 'white' metals such as chromium and nickel. 316F contains more phosphorus and sulfur than 316L. Because 316L contains 75% more Molybdenum than 316F it appears to be slightly darker in colour - only 2 or 3%, so with only a negligible difference between the two, 316F is lighter.

316L is shown to be less corrosive than 316F and is the better of the two for welding applications. 316F is only slightly more corrosive but is a 'free machining' stainless steel due to is higher phosphorus and sulfur content. This means that 316F is much easier than 316L to machine and is also better able to get a high polish finish.

In summary: 316F is the 'free machining' version of 316L and this is the most likely reason for the Rep Factories introducing it. It is easier to machine and polish = quicker manufacturing turnover and looks slightly better to the eye.

I am no scientist, so if I have misunderstood anything in my findings please feel free to add any extra info you may have...

Savi "

More info: http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum....php/t4291.html

"PS: stay far away from the 3135 clone. Waste of money and unreliable. " KBH

I like the date window...

5617_P_1278841552247.jpg

Nice lume...

5617_P_1278841554321.jpg

Luthier

C'mon, Mike, Mary (and all other dealers) had this DSSD with 3135 clone a year ago.

Crappiest mov't ever.

marinamm20

i bought a DSSD with a 3135 clone movement made as a special order from the Milgauss factory, and after i removede the fake bridge, and tightent some screws it have been running flawless since i got in January 2010.

greg_r

Steer well clear of the 3135 clone. Won't convince anyone who knows their Rolex movements and has tended to be unreliable - some folks are lucky, but it's certainly a lot less reliable than the standard clone ETA.

marinamm20

i totaly agree Greg_R - this will not fool anyone, and hey it is inside a closed caseback so no one will ever see the movement.

But luckily i have been spared from issues with this, but i also took my precausions before wearing it on the wrist.

MikeMcNair

lol, i had no idea it was ever even offered in the DSSD rep. i thought the 2836 was the way to go (as you are all confirming now).

i was just shocked to see that while perusing connies site. lol