watchman1675

New JK 5513\1680 Case Design Change

watchman1675

zke8g4.jpg

The previous cartel stubby crown guard vintage Rolex 5513, 1680 case had a genuine like bezel construction. It had a crystal retaining ring that pressed the crystal to the case, a friction washer and the bezel  that clicked on just like a genuine (Bottom Photo) vintage Rolex   Submariner 5513\1680.

Sadly the newest JK 5513, 1680 edition switched to the older cheaper non gen rep design where the bezel is held on the case by an octagonal thin wire spring inside the bezel (Top Photo) and because this is vintage the plexi crystal is held on by adhesive. 

Many on RWG, RWI who like myself buy these and mod them a bit further to correct the crown guards and to make them more vintage gen liked the gen build.  Because I had several of the older previous stubby crown guard vintage reps which had gen bezel construction I was going to buy some of the newest JK release with the meater crown guards because there is more to work with but I'm grateful to other member's post pointing out the disappointing switch of the bezel.  

The only other option is Milk's case which looks really good however the neck of the crystal case is not as deep as gen so the recommendation is to use adhesive to aid in sealing so the price is still fair or go with the more expensive Vietnam cases like ND Trading for $1,000 US. 

Post regarding the alleged change https://forum.replica-watch.info/threads/2022-jkf-cartel-1680-rolex-submariner-review-modding-the-hell-out-of-it.10918080/#post-10948741

Edited by watchman1675

AlexFelix

That's weird... but I could tell soon.

Edited by AlexFelix

NCRich

Well that sucks. 

AlexFelix
19 hours ago, NCRich said:

Well that sucks. 

If true...

Edited by AlexFelix

WatchGeek5711

as hobby builder this sucks to hear.

AlexFelix
18 hours ago, WatchGeek5711 said:

as hobby builder this sucks to hear.

I guess I could tell you if true or not in a couple weeks.

Edited by AlexFelix

MReplica

Got email from the OP and forwarded his emails to JKF boss. JKF boss denied directly that the non-gen like construction watches are from them, unfortunately. And they still use gen like construction. Chime in here since I already got questions from other customers for this kind of misleading thread. 

NCRich
9 minutes ago, MReplica said:

Got email from the OP and forwarded his emails to JKF boss. JKF boss denied directly that the non-gen like construction watches are from them, unfortunately. And they still use gen like construction. Chime in here since I already got questions from other customers for this kind of misleading thread. 

Thanks MR!!!!

I figured it was a different one.  Thankfully.

• Like 1

FudgyDocker

@watchman1675 - see comment above. You don't say where you got these from?

BadPickle

:lol: 

yeah like we’ve never experienced a dishonest dealer on the forum 

watchman1675
On 30/10/2022 at 12:25, pickledbeetroot said:

:lol: 

yeah like we’ve never experienced a dishonest dealer on the forum 

It has nothing to do with that. Most probably aren't even aware of the change so nothing against the TD's. They sell many types and it's even hard for them to keep up.  I found out on a review (link below) and then contacted a few TD's to inquire about the availability of the previous stubby CG case and they had to check with the factory to confirm the newest ones are wire construction. We are already in low numbers who seek vintage and modding compared to most others who are wanting new model reps.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/threads/2022-jkf-cartel-1680-rolex-submariner-review-modding-the-hell-out-of-it.10918080/#post-10948741

Edited by watchman1675

watchman1675
On 30/10/2022 at 11:33, NCRich said:

Thanks MR!!!!

I figured it was a different one.  Thankfully.

If that is true I'd buy ten. My question is are any TD's willing to disassemble one for QC pics?

On 29/10/2022 at 17:02, AlexFelix said:

I guess I could tell you if true or not in a couple weeks.

Looking foward to it because I was going to buy more than one for a few pointed CG mods and Tudor 7928.

watchman1675
On 29/10/2022 at 15:16, AlexFelix said:

That's weird... but I could tell soon.

Strait from two TD's that checked with the factory to confirm. I could kick myself because I have several of the early vintage stubby crown guard cases and should have picked up a few when they fixed that issue around 2017. As I said I would love to be proven wrong because I'm not willing to pay $1k + for a case set that still needs modding. I'f MILK resolves the crystal neck issue on the 5513/1680 case I would be jumping to buy a few from him.

Edited by watchman1675

AlexFelix
29 minutes ago, watchman1675 said:

Strait from two TD's that checked with the factory to confirm. I could kick myself because I have several of the early vintage stubby crown guard cases and should have picked up a few when they fixed that issue around 2017. As I said I would love to be proven wrong because I'm not willing to pay $1k + for a case set that still needs modding. I'f MILK resolves the crystal neck issue on the 5513/1680 case I would be jumping to buy a few from him.

Marvellous spoke with JK boss, and directly confirmed to me that he said that nothing has changed. In fact, I heard about this only 2 time in a whole year, but I did not made deep research.

My point is that if @MReplica said JK factory boss said to him nothing has changed it is in his own interest to make this correspond to the truth. JK will loose customers, and TD will loose customers. 

Edited by AlexFelix

watchman1675

AlexFlex Very stange. I have a e-mail response from a TD who claims to have checked with the factory and confirmed the newest releases are now wire. I also seen a recent mod post showing the new construction. It was a DG2813. Could it be possible the fatory is now seperating the two cases depending on if you buy the DG2813 vs the A2836?

Edited by watchman1675

AlexFelix

You mean the thread on RWI?

Because that's the ONLY one speaking about this other than you, and knowing the reputation MR has as TD, is more likely that watch to be a fake of a fake.

I mean, what interest MR or other TD could have in lying to customers? 

Edited by AlexFelix

watchman1675

AlexFlelix Yes and I am looking for the other mod post from that top pic where I got it refrencing the wire that got me asking a few TD's to confirm if this change was correct. I'll find it but you have a valid point with this RWI post and of course the TD that sent him a non JK factory case. I'm just trying to get to the bottom of this and my e-mail with the TD. Again would love to be proven wrong and will eat crow but I as others surley need to find a TD that will send the correct gen case.

Edited by watchman1675

watchman1675

AlexFlelix I've also been buying from this TD since 2009 and he has never let me down 

His direct answer on 10/20/2022 to my question "Can you tell me if the new JK 5513 has a genuine like bezel construction or is it a wire type?"

Answer "It is wire type according to factory"

AlexFelix

I sent you a DM. Better to not have this escalate to something that can't be proved as of now.

Edited by AlexFelix

AlexFelix

But as said, Marvellous directly confirmed to me via message that those are still gen old construction, I have no reason to not believe him.

Edited by AlexFelix

tribefan
1 hour ago, watchman1675 said:

1. Are these the cartel TD's?

2. I don't think milk is going to correct that problem anytime soon. I believe it would require re-tooling.

NCRich

Yeah, I would believe MR.  Never been in error in a decade.  And Puretime has been selling that wire secured bezel forever for vintage watches.

watchman1675

I do want everyone including TD's and Factories to know this post was is no way an effort to discredit anyone. It is just to educate other modders like myself seeking a good vintage base at a lower price point to start with. Unlike dealing with stubby or even overly fat, misshaped CG's, the wire bezel ring construction if confirmed is a game changer for me as well as most who for right or wrongly sweat over the intricate details.  What would be nice is if we can get a definitive answer and source on which seller(s) supplies the gen type vintage cases.

1 hour ago, AlexFelix said:

I sent you a DM. Better to not have this escalate to something that can't be proved as of now.

Ok. Thanks.

Edited by watchman1675

FudgyDocker
12 minutes ago, watchman1675 said:

What would be nice is if we can get a definite answer and source on which seller(s) supplies the gen type vintage cases.

The smart money to me says "Go to Marvellous Replica". Actually, one of the 2 best TD's on here (my opinion).

watchman1675
2 hours ago, FudgyDocker said:

The smart money to me says "Go to Marvellous Replica". Actually, one of the 2 best TD's on here (my opinion).

Here is the referencing post regarding the JK change  https://forum.replica-watch.info/threads/2022-jkf-cartel-1680-rolex-submariner-review-modding-the-hell-out-of-it.10918080/#post-10948741

I appreciate MR digging further into this.

Edited by watchman1675