BravoDelta

HELP-Real or Fake RR. Watch Co. Pocket Watch

BravoDelta

I recieved this pocket watch 47 years ago. I hadn't seen it in a very long time and after moving 10 times over the years, I thought I had lost it. Then lo and behold, as I was sorting through a box packed at least a decade ago, there it was. I am aware that vintage pocket watches were faked even back then. So I'm wondering if this one is fake and in any case can anyone can estimate its value. It is sans the crystal right now but everything else is there. I remember it was working at the time I recieved it and I did carry it around for a short time. Any information would be appreciated. 

Piccies...

z4rvlL.jpg
z4ruWQ.jpg
z4rMxS.jpg
z4r4dW.jpg
z4rwIP.jpg
z4rkZJ.jpg
z4rXuo.jpg
z4rTnk.jpg
z4rP2D.jpg

Foxindebox

Looks late 1800’s very early 1900’s to me

As to whether it’s fake or not… do you mean fake Swiss?

• Like 1

tribefan

Call Jim Ebert:

http://ebertsclockservice.com/

His son also works with him. He restored my Elgin, which was only worth $100, and cost about $200 to fix.  Jim is a good guy, I talked with him for a while over the phone , he'll tell ya anything you want to know that he can answer. You'll have to take it to him in Norton.

Issue will be waiting for parts. Them only market left in in NYC and you have to wait for them to come up for sale. Mine needed a new balance spring and staff. The original spring was made by Breguet in 1900-1910.

• Like 1

BravoDelta

Thanks @tribefan.  I checked out the website it looks perfect. Wonder if he works on early 1900's fakes :lol: